O/T What Else Does Everyone Collect?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • island_style
    • Nov 2005

Re: O/T What Else Does Everyone Collect?

I don't spend nearly as much time on these as I used to, but outside of the game used items, I collect TV show scripts, skateboard decks, signed contracts, Vero Beach Dodgertown items and Dodgers sleeve patches.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Comment

• Ollie
      • Oct 2008

I used to collect vintage movie posters. Still have quite a few but would love to sell most of them and make more room for Yankees Game Used Stuff. Here are the few more popular ones I have framed.

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• JasonBanz
        • Oct 2008

I am a guitarist and I have a decent collection of effects pedals. Only have 2 guitars. But hey they do the job! I stoped buying stuff for my guitar once I got into the game used hobby .

I also collect NFL non-game used jerseys and helmets.

Comment

• nationals2k9
          • Sep 2008

I have a fairly extensive Dave Matthews Band collection. I have been to over 50 DMB shows and have all original ticket stubs, some show setlists, drum stick, autographs, etc. I also connected with the band's former music video director last year and have some original artwork of his.

Game-used has more or less taken over the past year or more, but my DMB collection is 10 years in the making so it's quite nice as well.

Comment

• 33bird
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

Bulls championship years game used jerseys and shoes.
            Celtics starting 5 from1980s game used jerseys and shoes.
            Big Red Machine bats and jerseys.
            Jeff kent game used stuff.
            Greg
            biggamebird@yahoo.com

Comment

• MUSEOVEN
              • Aug 2007

Hello:

I Collect Venezuelan Player Baseball Memorabilia (major League, Minor League, Venezuelan League, Japan League, China League, Etc).. Autograps Of Venezuelan And Others Baseball Players...i Also Collect Venezuelan Players Baseball Cards, Like This 1931 Cards:
              Attached Files

Comment

• camarokids
                • Jun 2006

Things I used to collect....

I used to collect baseball cards, football cards, sports pennants, coca-cola bottles and memorabilia.
                Also other sports soda bottles.
                I used to collect beer tins and neon signs. Sports related beer cans.
                I used to collect US coins and US Paper Money.
                Used to collect US postage stamps, Political Campaign Pins & Buttons. Also buttons in general.
                Also team signed baseballs from various teams...
                Autographs in general...
                I used to collect Commemorative Snap-On Tools Tool Sets along with Snap-On Tools Calendars....

I still have a autographed pic of President Bill Clinton....

Most Unusual things I used to collect.....

I used to have a pair of shoe boxes full of girls phone numbers with some of their panties along with any other little souvenirs I could sneak away with.

Yes Kyle, the panties were un-washed to retain their original game used aroma ....

Of course I did this only when I was single!

I also kept a calendar with the names,dates and certain intricate details if you catch my drift. Needless to say this mini collection was all destroyed by a certain someone......

Currently I collect Devil Rays game used baseball bats, fielding gloves, hats, batting helmets, etc. I also collect Devil Rays team signed baseballs, signed 8 x 10 photos. Some pennants, and also glassware from their Inaugural Season.

I also have a fairly large collection of sports mags and now with some media guides (thanks to egameused).

I also collect Buccaneers Ticket Stubs (some Devil Rays and others too).

I collect SGA Bobble Heads and other odds and ends SGA's.....

I feel like I am forgetting something.....
                Thank you,
                David

This is my email address here!
                dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• chakes89
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by camarokids
                  Most Unusual things I used to collect.....

I used to have a pair of shoe boxes full of girls phone numbers with some of their panties along with any other little souvenirs I could sneak away with.

Yes Kyle, the panties were un-washed to retain their original game used aroma ....

Of course I did this only when I was single!

I also kept a calendar with the names,dates and certain intricate details if you catch my drift. Needless to say this mini collection was all destroyed by a certain someone......
                  Too Much Information

I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• geoff
                    • Nov 2005

I collect Ticket Stubs of Events and Concerts I go too.By the way I also am a Big Dave Matthews Band Fan and have seen them 19 Times.I am going to have to miss this Summers Tour Stop though.I collect Bobble Heads-Wrestling Memoribilia.I even have a Few Shirts that were worn by Shane Douglas and Taz in the Original ECW.I also have a Pair of Ring Worn Boots from Justin Credible.I have a Signed Used Pair of Gloves that Dan Severn Used in UFC.The Shirts could be available if any interest or I could Trade them for Game Used Stuff.I also Collect DVD'S And CD'S.And Autographs from Football and BaseBall Players.

Thanks
                    Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by camarokids

Before the wifey off'ed it, did you ever try to photo match any of that game used attire?

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                        • Dec 2008

I used to collect 100% Hot Wheels......I stopped about 5 years back.....just kind of lost desire as I am only really interested in game used baseball stuff.

Comment

• gatorcollector
                          • Aug 2005

Islandstyle,

I grew up in Vero Beach and practically spent my childhood at Dodgertown. I will always cherish those memories and it broke my heart when the Dodgers left. I used to have about 20 years worth of Spring Training programs, not sure if I still do. I'll have to dig that stuff out. I think I posted in another thread once about how I saw Sid Fernandez pitch 2 no-hitters at Dodgertown as a Vero Beach Dodger. One of them would have been a perfect game, but he hit one batter. (If I remember correctly, that was a long time ago).

In addition to game used stuff, I also collect autographs of every Gator who has ever played in the NFL, NBA, and MLB. I'm down to one NBA (Clifford Lett, Bulls), two baseball (Ned Porter and Lefty Guise, both deceased), and less than 40 football (out of over 225).

Comment

• Ozric
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by suicide_squeeze
                            I used to collect 100% Hot Wheels......I stopped about 5 years back.....just kind of lost desire as I am only really interested in game used baseball stuff.

Did you keep any of them? If so, are they displayed anywhere or just in boxes? My kid has a bunch that he wants to display and I was looking for ideas on how to display them...

Comment

• island_style
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by gatorcollector

I grew up in Vero Beach and practically spent my childhood at Dodgertown. I will always cherish those memories and it broke my heart when the Dodgers left. I used to have about 20 years worth of Spring Training programs, not sure if I still do. I'll have to dig that stuff out. I think I posted in another thread once about how I saw Sid Fernandez pitch 2 no-hitters at Dodgertown as a Vero Beach Dodger. One of them would have been a perfect game, but he hit one batter. (If I remember correctly, that was a long time ago).
                              It must have been great to spend all that time at Dodgertown. I was there for one week and brought back a lifetime of memories. Shoot me an e-mail if you have a chance. I'd like to hear more about your experience and Dodgertown collection.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Ozric
                                Did you keep any of them? If so, are they displayed anywhere or just in boxes? My kid has a bunch that he wants to display and I was looking for ideas on how to display them...
                                Ozric,

I still have them in their original boxes. But I did put some thought into how I would display them, as they are so detailed, and the paint jobs are as good as any new Porsche could have!

I would display them in an enclosed cabinet (something like a china cabinet, but maybe a bit smaller in width), with all of the little cars sitting on a mirrored glass shelf with a mirrored back (on the cabinet). That would show off the little gems from every angle. There is just something about the "mirrored" effect of a display....it's nice to look at. If desired, you could also add lights underneath each ledge to illuminate the cars on the shelf below it. They make real inexpensive little florescent "strip" fixtures that are only one inch deep (hense the name "little-inch" light fixtures) that are usually used under kitchen cabinets to place light on the countertops underneath.....those would work perfectly.

If you keep them in a cabinet, they will stay free of dust.....which would quickly detract from the shiney fine appearance of those little gems.

Hope that suggestion gets the wheels turning....

Regards,

Steve

Comment

Working...