Quote Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
Did you keep any of them? If so, are they displayed anywhere or just in boxes? My kid has a bunch that he wants to display and I was looking for ideas on how to display them...
Ozric,

I still have them in their original boxes. But I did put some thought into how I would display them, as they are so detailed, and the paint jobs are as good as any new Porsche could have!

I would display them in an enclosed cabinet (something like a china cabinet, but maybe a bit smaller in width), with all of the little cars sitting on a mirrored glass shelf with a mirrored back (on the cabinet). That would show off the little gems from every angle. There is just something about the "mirrored" effect of a display....it's nice to look at. If desired, you could also add lights underneath each ledge to illuminate the cars on the shelf below it. They make real inexpensive little florescent "strip" fixtures that are only one inch deep (hense the name "little-inch" light fixtures) that are usually used under kitchen cabinets to place light on the countertops underneath.....those would work perfectly.

If you keep them in a cabinet, they will stay free of dust.....which would quickly detract from the shiney fine appearance of those little gems.

Hope that suggestion gets the wheels turning....

Regards,

Steve