Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: O/T What Else Does Everyone Collect?

Rob,

Do you have the Cole/Kling card yet? My father and I completed both the T201 and T205 sets several years ago. Cole/Kling was without a doubt the rarest card in the set. It often goes for 2-3 times what a common would sell for. Most who collect that set would agree, so I don't know why SCD and a few other publishers say Dougherty/Lord is.

Chris

I tried to collect gold coins at one point in my life.... I think I only managed to get 12-15 coins when I realized it was too expensive to collect heavily. They're locked up in my safe deposit box and I haven't seen them in a couple years. I just stick with baseball stuff now.

Nick

I used to be into WW2 items like helmets,etc. I still have acouple of helmets from other wars, some medals that my great-grand father recieved from his time in WW2 and some of his paper work.

I have collected in the past video games, Star Wars figures, sports cards, autographs, along with other things. I also go to baseball games and get bobblehead, stadium replicas, figurines, or other promotions. I have been starting to cut back lately on buying stuff; although, that may change when I attend the Orioles Fanfest soon.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    Rob,

Do you have the Cole/Kling card yet? My father and I completed both the T201 and T205 sets several years ago. Cole/Kling was without a doubt the rarest card in the set. It often goes for 2-3 times what a common would sell for. Most who collect that set would agree, so I don't know why SCD and a few other publishers say Dougherty/Lord is.

Chris
    Chris, I do have the Cole/Kling card. You're right though, the Dougherty/Lord card was not hard to get. Believe it or not, the toughest card for me to finally get was the Lajoie/Falkenberg for some reason. Luckily, I'm just down to commons now as I have completed the HOF and alleged "tough" cards of the set.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com