• Oct 2009

Re: O/T: What else do you guys collect?

Celebrity autographs!

Comment

• xpress34
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ivo610
      I collect sports books, and I have a decent comic book collection. (please dont laugh too hard, I promise I have never been to comic con)
      I have. Went to San Diego Comic Con last July with the wife and kid - it was a BLAST! And I added to balls to my autograph collection there - Todd McFarlane (who owns McGwire's 70th and a pretty major baseball collection and makes Sports Picks) and Thomas Jane (who played Mickey Mantle in 61*)

My Vintage collection (which I just started back up) can be see here along with AUTO'd books:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

You can also see my sketch cards, etc there...

- Chris

Comment

• allstarsplus
        • Nov 2005

Besides game used memorabilia, I collect:

1960's baseball cards
        1950's and 1960's Drive-In movie items
        Sports art
        Special cigar boxes
        Regards,
        Andrew Lang
        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
        202-716-8500

Comment

• BMH
          • Jul 2007

I am very fond of military rifles from WW1 and WW2. I mainly focus on American rifles, 1903's, 1917's, M1's and M1 carbines.

My favorite piece at the moment has to be a Standard Products M1 carbine I picked up. It of course has a stock made by Hillerich & Bradsby during WW2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 047a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	659724
          Brian Hillerich

Comment

• yanks12025
            • Jan 2006

Very nice rifle Brian, i bought a model 03-A3 Smith & Corona acouple months ago, it's production year is 1943. But my other collecting hobby is military items(not much), own a WW2 German helemt that was dug-up from Russia, American helemts from WW2-Vietnam war, medals(past relative), and acouple uniforms.

Comment

• kirkb
              • Mar 2009

I also like early pre 1900 electrical items and harness racing items. Also own a 1970 Roadrunner Superbird.

Comment

• skyking26
                • Dec 2005

I've collected Topps Baseball Sets from 74 to present, and do same for my son from his birthday 97 forward.

I collected Marvel comics as a kid, stopped after college, never revived it but keep them all and will pass them onto kids. Momento of my youth, can't get rid of 'em.
                ROBERT KOPPEL
                Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                  • Nov 2005

Screen worn jockey silks from the 30s or 40s.

Official gavel used by Charles Halleck at the 1960 Republican National Convention. Halleck helped LBJ push the 1964 Civil Rights Act through congress.

Action figures made in the 70s, especially examples made by Shindana and Mego.

Blaxploitation movie posters, animation art

1960s and 70s comedy LPs from the "Laff" and the "Dooto" labels, etc.

Anything related to my idol, Redd Foxx (albums, autographs, photos).

Comment

• Sonny25
                    • Jul 2008

Original sports broadcast on dvds.

I have over 900+ Jordan games, thousands & thousands of other NBA games (Some very rare).

I also have thousands & thousands of college basketball & high school games as well.

Comment

• jobathenut
                      • Nov 2008

I have many different collections.I collections of rusty wallace,dale earnhardt jr and sr and other nascar and nhra car and no car collection.James dean,wrestling dvds and vhs tapes.I also have a huge pittsburgh steelers signed and not signed collection.And also pittsburgh pirates collection.New york yankees collection.Current hollywood and sports signed collection.I do not have very many game used items.But i do have a nice ticket and program collection.And rare book collection like first editions of dean koontz books and also tale of two cities.I also have terry redlin collection for you wildlife art people and i also have my dads 30/40 krag which was a civil war rifle.And i also have collections of alot of nice danbury mint sports items.I guess you could say,i just used to love to collect.

Comment

• jobathenut
                        • Nov 2008

I have a collection of vhs sports games on vhs tapes (manly pittsburgh steelers) but have really downsized over the years as they take up alot of room.I used to have a ton of bulls mj basketball games.I was going to transfer them to dvds but never got to it.So the tapes i have left,they just sit in my storage with my other collections.It makes me sad as i used to tape everything and was really big in the taping hobby.I used to have well over 10,000 tapes.I had every shaquille o'neal college game and so many other great games.Sorry sonny,i read your post and it reminded me of my collection and had to write this.
                        Originally posted by Sonny25
                        Original sports broadcast on dvds.

I have over 900+ Jordan games, thousands & thousands of other NBA games (Some very rare).

I also have thousands & thousands of college basketball & high school games as well.

Comment

• Ollie
                          • Oct 2008

Now I concentrate on baseball but used to collect vintage movie posters from the 30's to the 60's. Got a nice collection, most of them archive framed. Most likely sell some of them but a few are rare so one day will donate them to a museum or back to the studios.

Also collecting recents Topps Series 1 and Series 2 baseball cards.
                          Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• tigerdale
                            • Dec 2007

Buck knives...
                            always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                            Thank you, Dale
                            tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• staindsox
                              • Jun 2006

1880s baseball trade cards, Pre-War baseball cards, early 1900s boxing memorabilia (Jack Dempsey, Jack Johnson, Stanley Ketchel, etc), and memorabilia from some of my favorite bands.
                              Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Comment

• staindsox
                                • Jun 2006

...and Paul Molitor cards. I have well over 1000 now.
                                Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Comment

Working...