Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wayne Otto / Pro-Am Sports

Anyone have any opinions regarding this company?

Re: Wayne Otto / Pro-Am Sports

I have dealt with Wayne several times. I think their older stuff is terrific. Much of their stuff can be pricey.

I don't have as much confidence in their newer basketball and minor league baseball stuff. This is simply based on my experience in minor league items and their confusion with even what organization teams were affiliated with when items would have been worn. My questioning of newer basketball is based on conversations with them regarding Vince Carter items. Those items were signed and being sold as game worn. When questioned on the phone, they weren't so quick to say that the uniforms were actually game used.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

a few years ago i sent him various emails inquiring about some jerseys on his website. must've sent about 3 emails. here i am wayne! got some money in my hand! i'm a customer! i want to buy!

never ever received any reply. arse.

rudy.

I don't have as much confidence in their newer basketball and minor league baseball stuff.
    I just saw these 2 Sixers jerseys (different sellers), one 'obtained from' and one with a Pro-Am Sports letter. I'm no expert on newer NBA jerseys, but the name and number on back of these seemed awfully high.

Tyrone Hill

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tyrone-Hill-Game...QQcmdZViewItem

John Salmons

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-06-JOHN-SAL...QQcmdZViewItem

I had two good transactions with Wayne Otto. Both times he provided nice customer service, fast shipping and he even gave me a small discount on one of the jerseys. Shortly after our last transaction I e-mailed him about another jersey I was interested in and after one e-mail response I never heard from him again. Sent a couple of follow-up e-mails but no response at all. Oh well, I guess he's getting enough business to need anymore of my money.

One thing is his on-line inventory is never updated. The two jerseys I purchased are still listed on his site.

This has definitely come up before. Bottom line is that their stuff is good and they are nice people. I bought several Astros jerseys from Wayne and Morgan in the past and met both at last year's National.

You might have trouble reaching them (I suggest PHONE not email) and their prices on some items might have missed the mark, but you should not have to worry about entering into a transaction with them.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

I absolutely love the stories about non-response from sellers. I too contacted Timberland Cases in Dec and had email contact between 2 sales people that was extremely irratic. Finally, the case was in production and I was told upon completion of my specs on the case I'd be contacted and we'd finalize. That was Dec. 29. Today is March 12. Our contact of any kind never has went beyond Dec 29. Apparently response is so overwhelming for this product that they do not need to bother with the small guys like me!
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

I can honestly say all the items i have recieved from Wayne Otto / Pro-Am Sports OR with his LOA have all been very good. I have not questioned any of them except one of them and turned out the wrong item was sent and that was corrected ASAP (within 2 weeks) and all emails where answered in a timely matter. Just my opinion.

I've probably bought 4-5 jerseys from them on ebay over the last 5 years and have never had a problem with any of them. I've even gotten jerseys next day at regular shipping price (of course they are located 2 hours from me)
    You can see my entire Clemson Tigers collection here with over 30 items.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a83...eys/?start=all

SamFinley@charter.net

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    I absolutely love the stories about non-response from sellers. I too contacted Timberland Cases in Dec and had email contact between 2 sales people that was extremely irratic. Finally, the case was in production and I was told upon completion of my specs on the case I'd be contacted and we'd finalize. That was Dec. 29. Today is March 12. Our contact of any kind never has went beyond Dec 29. Apparently response is so overwhelming for this product that they do not need to bother with the small guys like me!
    Additionally here - I sent the seller of the Timberland cases an email thru ebay yesterday. You guessed it; they don't have to respond! The product is so great it sells itself!! No response. Interested parties I guess will just have to take a chance!

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com