Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
Mark - Has anyone found some pics of this? That glove looks like it has seen a lot of use. Maybe a backup?

What's up with the sig? The "A" in Alfonso looks like he made an extra line and the S-O-R-I-A-N-O doesn't flow like other Soriano sigs I have. Maybe the pen wasn't working well.
Andrew,

The flow is a bit off, but I have seen that style signature too. I consider that his "free" version, as opposed to where he us paid, and signs the whole thing. I do, however, trust that Rob said the promoters rush him through a signing and that's why it looks that way.

Quote Originally Posted by RobSteinmetz View Post
Still possible that it is a backup, but that photo (along with the others in that same series on US Presswire) show him using a similar glove with a Trapeze-style web (and no wrist strap) - the same style he typically uses in games. The eBay glove has a different style web with a wrist strap. Definitely not the same style glove.
Rob,

You are correct. Jason was kind enough to send me those pics last night, and it is not the same glove. There is a white line above "el monstruo", and 2 below it in the us presswire photo, as well as the open area around his knuckles, both of which aren't present on the ebay glove. The ebay pictures show 3 "x's" where the leather holds the two sections together, which aren't present on the us presswire photos.

I did find a picture somewhere (Getty I think) with a wrist strap, but I can find it now. I will try to find it and email you. As I mentioned in a previous post, I haven't seen any "el monstruo" gamers before 2008. My guess is that this may be a "warm up" glove as those pictures from us presswire are all pregame pictures.

Mark