Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Nats - O's game in Norfolk, Va

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Its a free world....
    If it really was, his name would still be Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Its a free world so I guess you can hate on the Nats which is ridiculous in my opinion.

Washington was constantly blocked from getting an existing franchise to relocate to Washington until MLB decided to sell to the highest bidder the Expos. $450 million was a record price at that time for a team without a stadium and full TV contracts.

Selig and MLB paraded a dream and pulled off the greatest auction in history. Think about it. They get 5 interested parties to make sealed bids with many hints that $450 million is the price so it seemed like a BuyItNow auction on eBay.

In comparison, the Oakland A's with a much better roster and farm system sold in 2005 for $180 million.

So were the Nats ever really worth 2 1/2 times what the Oakland A's were worth?

In the end and in agreement with Brian, the ticket prices were set too high for the quality of the product which certainly has cost them some fans.

Again, there doesn't seem to me to be a good reason to hate the Nats rather we can probably all be p*ssed at Selig and MLB and question the way they blocked other owners from moving their franchise to Washington until they could profit on their "own" franchise since technically MLB did own the Expos.
    All well said Andrew. There isn't much else that can be said. To hate the Nats is baseless. This gentleman's anger would be best vented toward the Montreal fans who failed to keep the team there by there own doing. To vent on a new city is ridiculous.

I will give a vote to Dawson for HOF. Raines, nope. Great player, but not a hall-of-famer.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

anyone else going to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    how do you know Washington supports winners,they ve never had one!
    UHHHH, the Redskins???? 3 World Championships! And I am a Cowboys fan but you have to give them their due!
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.