X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Re: Nats - O's game in Norfolk, Va

Originally posted by dirtyla2000
    how do you know Washington supports winners,they ve never had one!
    It appears that you harbor pain at the Expos move and tansition to the present-day Nats.

We all know it was economic. Thru the history of the Expos they did not support the club. Seems from what I hear you get that far north and the folks enjoy skating with a stick in their hand. That's cool - that's their thing. I realize you are frustrated. Apparently you like baseball. Why take those frustrations out on anyone but the citizens of Montreal??

I live near Detroit. Detroit has loyal fans. The Tigers have sucked for years. I can barely watch them at times. I was upset when they ended up in last place when projected to win it all? C'mon. But, in the end we take care of our own here - however sick and wounded.

Moral? Don't berate the US. Canada like hockey. Simple. Nuff said and end of thread.....
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• BaseballGM
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

NBA - 1978 Champs
      NFL - SB XVII, XXII & XVI Winners
      Baseball - 1924 World Series Champs

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BaseballGM
        NBA - 1978 Champs
        NFL - SB XVII, XXII & XVI Winners
        Baseball - 1924 World Series Champs
        Baseball - Washington Nationals - 2009 World Series Champs!

Comment

• dirtyla2000
          • Apr 2008

I love the U.S. I am a FLYER fan in MTL. THATS NOT EASY!I VE BEEN AN EAGLES FAN SINCE THE DAYS OF THE POLISH RIFLE , JAWS! I JUST HARBOR RESENTMENT TOWARDS THE NATS AND THIS BUDS FOR YOU SELIG ! YET I DIGRESS,THIS THREAD IS OVER! DAWSON AND RAINES FOR THE HALL IN 2010 THATS ALL I HAVE LEFT TO CHEAR FOR!

Comment

• allstarsplus
            • Nov 2005

I love the U.S. I am a FLYER fan in MTL. THATS NOT EASY!I VE BEEN AN EAGLES FAN SINCE THE DAYS OF THE POLISH RIFLE , JAWS! I JUST HARBOR RESENTMENT TOWARDS THE NATS AND THIS BUDS FOR YOU SELIG ! YET I DIGRESS,THIS THREAD IS OVER! DAWSON AND RAINES FOR THE HALL IN 2010 THATS ALL I HAVE LEFT TO CHEAR FOR!
            Its a free world so I guess you can hate on the Nats which is ridiculous in my opinion.

Washington was constantly blocked from getting an existing franchise to relocate to Washington until MLB decided to sell to the highest bidder the Expos. $450 million was a record price at that time for a team without a stadium and full TV contracts.

Selig and MLB paraded a dream and pulled off the greatest auction in history. Think about it. They get 5 interested parties to make sealed bids with many hints that $450 million is the price so it seemed like a BuyItNow auction on eBay.

In comparison, the Oakland A's with a much better roster and farm system sold in 2005 for $180 million.

So were the Nats ever really worth 2 1/2 times what the Oakland A's were worth?

In the end and in agreement with Brian, the ticket prices were set too high for the quality of the product which certainly has cost them some fans.

Again, there doesn't seem to me to be a good reason to hate the Nats rather we can probably all be p*ssed at Selig and MLB and question the way they blocked other owners from moving their franchise to Washington until they could profit on their "own" franchise since technically MLB did own the Expos.
            Regards,
            Andrew Lang
            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
            202-716-8500

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by allstarsplus
              Its a free world....
              If it really was, his name would still be Lloyd.

Comment

• skyking26
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                Its a free world so I guess you can hate on the Nats which is ridiculous in my opinion.

Washington was constantly blocked from getting an existing franchise to relocate to Washington until MLB decided to sell to the highest bidder the Expos. $450 million was a record price at that time for a team without a stadium and full TV contracts.

Selig and MLB paraded a dream and pulled off the greatest auction in history. Think about it. They get 5 interested parties to make sealed bids with many hints that $450 million is the price so it seemed like a BuyItNow auction on eBay.

In comparison, the Oakland A's with a much better roster and farm system sold in 2005 for $180 million.

So were the Nats ever really worth 2 1/2 times what the Oakland A's were worth?

In the end and in agreement with Brian, the ticket prices were set too high for the quality of the product which certainly has cost them some fans.

Again, there doesn't seem to me to be a good reason to hate the Nats rather we can probably all be p*ssed at Selig and MLB and question the way they blocked other owners from moving their franchise to Washington until they could profit on their "own" franchise since technically MLB did own the Expos.
                All well said Andrew. There isn't much else that can be said. To hate the Nats is baseless. This gentleman's anger would be best vented toward the Montreal fans who failed to keep the team there by there own doing. To vent on a new city is ridiculous.

I will give a vote to Dawson for HOF. Raines, nope. Great player, but not a hall-of-famer.
                ROBERT KOPPEL
                Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                  • Oct 2005

anyone else going to the game?

Comment

• mr.miracle
                    • Apr 2006

UHHHH, the Redskins???? 3 World Championships! And I am a Cowboys fan but you have to give them their due!
                    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

Working...