Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Parish Game Used ???

Greg, so if a jersey is properly tagged and has NO providence, you are claiming that it can be then be determined to be game used based on tagging and wear?
    Joel,

I've never sent in an item to be authenticated, so I have no idea what type of info is needed to acquire a COA. And I agree with you 100%, that there's no way to know if Chief wore the jersey even if tagging and size are correct and there were signs of wear.

But let's say Alberto sent this in to be authenticated. And let's say that the tagging is correct and there are signs of wear. Would he need additional paperwork to get a COA? A plausible story of how it was acquired from an "impeccable source"? Or can someone find a jersey at a garage sale and get it authenticated, by simply presenting the complete jersey with no additional info.

Greg

Only to thanks all members for their opinion !!!
    living in a small village in the northern east part of Italy... this forum is great to help me in the hobby.
    Alberto

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu
    But let's say Alberto sent this in to be authenticated. And let's say that the tagging is correct and there are signs of wear. Would he need additional paperwork to get a COA? A plausible story of how it was acquired from an "impeccable source"? Or can someone find a jersey at a garage sale and get it authenticated, by simply presenting the complete jersey with no additional info.
    That would be a great question to pose to 3rd party authenticators.

This tagging was used on retail items, especially around 85-86 during Sand Knit ownership change from Medalist to MacGregor. I would think a practice used jersey would show much more wear.
    I also think if this jersey was sent to Lou Lampson, there would be NO way to prove this wasn't worn by Parish. This is the problem with post 1986 retail jerseys from ALL sports. However, Sand Knit retail hoop game jerseys from the era have NO extra length or NOB.

I have bought NUMEROUS gamers on eBay that were NOT advertised as gamers. Thrift Stores and flea markets have sold many 100% game worn jerseys...I know from first hand experience!

Greg: What was th ABA BIN that you saw for $100? I should'nt ask, but I am a glutton for punishment!
    Alberto: Your collection keeps getting better!

So they had the exclusive team tag on retail items? Interesting.

If the jersey smells like someone just roasted a fatty while wearing it, maybe it did belong to....never mind

Greg: What was th ABA BIN that you saw for $100? I should'nt ask, but I am a glutton for punishment!
    It was an ABA ball. It looked just like a regular ABA Rawlings leather game ball, but it had no commish signature stamp on it. I'm guessing it was a store model, but it was in great shape and had a BIN of right around $100. I'd never seen one like it. The buyer must have relisted right after he received it and it went for over $1000. Ones with the stamp (in the same condition) fetch more.

Greg

... i have about 60 differents C.O.A. 's to trade for a B.T.P.H. signature !

thanks Warren