Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

$1500+ for a locker name tag

I thought maybe it was made of solid gold. Nope, plastic. Are you kidding me?

http://wbc.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/n...unbr=103676213
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: $1500+ for a locker name tag

Anybody else bid on the 2006 WBC silver medal, sold by one of the Cuban players to a British dealer, the auction for which ended on eBay today?

I put in a snipe, but got edged out. It went for $672.09.

Andrew,

There is another Japan locker tag currently at $1605, and a Japan jersey at $6010. The Japanese collectors always pay top dollar. Just check the bidders lists. I saw the title of your post, I thought the same thing.....is it solid gold?

Scott (jetersbatboy), looks like you have your work cut out for you!! Good luck.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    Anybody else bid on the 2006 WBC silver medal, sold by one of the Cuban players to a British dealer, the auction for which ended on eBay today?

I put in a snipe, but got edged out. It went for $672.09.
    Can you link us to that? I'd like to see it, thanks.

I try to stay away from the MLB auctions, because of the Japanese bidders!! Those guys are nuts!! I was in a bidding war on a ball pitched to ichiro in the 7th inning of his 3000th hit game. I quiet at I think $750, not sure what it sold. It wasn't even signed!!! I'll take all the luck I can get!!! Thanks Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    Andrew,

There is another Japan locker tag currently at $1605, and a Japan jersey at $6010. The Japanese collectors always pay top dollar. Just check the bidders lists. I saw the title of your post, I thought the same thing.....is it solid gold?

Scott (jetersbatboy), looks like you have your work cut out for you!! Good luck.

Mark
    I am watching the WBC Finals and it is in the 8th inning between Japan and Korea and Japan leads 3-2

I love their hustle. Everyone hustles. They are all intense. They love the game. Reminds me of how it used to be when I was a kid.

Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I am watching the WBC Finals and it is in the 8th inning between Japan and Korea and Japan leads 3-2

I love their hustle. Everyone hustles. They are all intense. They love the game. Reminds me of how it used to be when I was a kid.

I couldn't agree more....these fans are AWSOME!

Japan wins!!!! Are my bat worth more now? It was a great game, got to love the way the Japanese play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post

Andrew,

I think you forgot chevorlet. These guys pay like the kids in the little league world series. Refreshing to see guys play for the love of the game and pride in their country.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    Andrew,

I think you forgot chevorlet. These guys pay like the kids in the little league world series. Refreshing to see guys play for the love of the game and pride in their country.

Mark
    Mark - I swear to you that you read my mind. I TiVo'd the last of the 10th inning and finished watching and it was so enjoyable.

Darvish had a smile of a 12 year old. The crowd was great.

The Korean coach has some explaining to do on why they didn't walk Ichiro with 1st base open in the 10th.

Also, ESPN did a great job of the coverage.

What does Ichiro's jersey sell for now. LOL
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500