Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Thoughts on collecting prospects?

I buy what prospects gear I can afford to at the time, and if the price is right, I don't worry about whether the guy is a "hot" prospect or just somebody who may never make it out of Double-A. I collect them because they played for my organization - even if it was in Mobile or Yakima, rather than in Phoenix.

About the only real gamble I guess I've made is in shelling out some pretty good money for seven Justin Upton minor league jerseys. I have to admit that I would not have paid as much money as I did for just any prospect's jerseys. Looking back, I only did it because I was pretty flush at the time, and decided to treat myself. It happens. But if - God forbid - J-Up's career were to tank and I couldn't give those jerseys away, since I collect for fun and not as an investment, I could live with it. They're pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    Here might be a kid that is worth keeping an eye on.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
    Good eye. There will be a great story on Stephen Strasburg in this week's Sports Illustrated.

His advisor is Scott Bora$$ so this will set the record for #1 picks.

Who has this years #1? The Washington Nationals

Peter Gammons thinks he could get a 6 year $50 million deal on Day #1.

This was the same kid that struck out 23 batters in a game last year at San Diego State and is averaging 19 K's per game this year if you extrapolate that for a full 9 inning game. He is a man amongst boys.

He is as close as you can get to a sure thing----but he is a pitcher and has to stay healthy.

I have already had a call from someone wanting to get one of his Nationals jerseys. lol This is potentially great news for any Nats fan.

I just hope the Nats can sign him as the comparisons to Nolan Ryan makes me think of a lot of W's!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

A couple of Years ago I over Paid for a few Items from A few Prospects and said I would not over Pay ever again.I will wait and see if they are going to be anything Special or if I can get a good Deal.