Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yankee game in 2009

So I'm planning on taking my family to the new Yankee Stadium and went on line to www.yankees.com to check out some tickets. I punched in for the second game ever verses Cleveland on Aug 17th and asked for the best seats available.

I got back 4 field level tickets for a whopping $900 per ticket

Needless to say I'm going to shoot for some bleacher tickets unless the $900 tickets allows one to sit on Jeter's lap between innnings!
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Yankee game in 2009

Thats why you never punch in best available because it's always the highest priced ones. I just bought two for the first game against the cubs for $47 each(up in the tier's by 3rd base).

Bleacher are the most fun anyway!

I have a quick question and maybe someone can help me out. I bought my two tickets from stubhub and i did the print at home. When i printed them they both came out on two pages. Is that fine or should i make them smaller to fit on one page. When i make them smaller the bar code gets smaller and i don't know if that would mess anything up. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    unless the $900 tickets allows one to sit on Jeter's lap between innings!

A-Rod already purchased season tickets for those seats

Now I know why Yankee fans get so mad when their team doesn't make it into the playoffs! At those prices you expect to see a winning team.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Yet another reason why Yankee$ and Red $ox fans are such a pestilential presence in Baltimore: it's cheaper to pay for transportation, hotel and seats here than it is for just the seats there. It will be very interesting to see if the Yankee$ have pulled the same moronic stunt the Nationals did last year and priced their most prominent seats into emptiness.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59 View Post
    Yet another reason why Yankee$ and Red $ox fans are such a pestilential presence in Baltimore: it's cheaper to pay for transportation, hotel and seats here than it is for just the seats there. It will be very interesting to see if the Yankee$ have pulled the same moronic stunt the Nationals did last year and priced their most prominent seats into emptiness.
    ??????? ........ Not all seats are $900. Yes, that is ridiculous, and yes, they will probably be empty for a lot of the games, but most seats in the stadium are priced on par with other stadiums.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    ??????? ........ Not all seats are $900. Yes, that is ridiculous, and yes, they will probably be empty for a lot of the games, but most seats in the stadium are priced on par with other stadiums.
    Bulbus I am not sure if they are on par with other stadiums but even as a Yankee fan myself the new prices are outrageous

Here is comparison prices
    2008 I sat in the rightfiled first row - purchased ticket from the Yankees $5
    2009 same seat - $60

Year before I bought great tickets for face value from a member here for I believe was about $50 or $60 a ticket about 20 rows back from the field between home and third
    2009 same seat - $150

Tell me there isn't something deeply wrong here???

Now people can argue well the bleacher seats or upper deck mezzanine seats are not that expensive. But guess what?? I dont want to sit there!!
    In the last stadium I was not forced to sit there because even as expensive as they were back then, they were still somewhat affordable.

I am not saying I can't afford these prices but the truth of it is I don't want to pay these prices and it is not fair that I cannot enjoy the game from the seats I prefer because the Yankees outrageously raised up there ticket prices.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59 View Post
    Yet another reason why Yankee$ and Red $ox fans are such a pestilential presence in Baltimore
    Wow, glad to know that my spending dollars are welcomed in Charm City!