Authentic Helmet? - 1994 Game Used Batting Helmet Alex Rodriguez Signed COA

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Re: Authentic Helmet? - 1994 Game Used Batting Helmet Alex Rodriguez Signed COA

Originally posted by Bondsgloves
    Funny, this is the third Arod rookie batting helmet I have seen for sale. They are all the same colors, but they are not the same helmets. How many rookie helmets are out there?

One sold in Lelands auction.

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=711&lot=219
    With that said, this is why I won't touch it. The signature is good, but with the helmet dating 1993, who really knows.

Main thing that keeps me away from this is, Arod authenticates this helmet in 1996, as used in 1994. 2 years later.

Tony
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• yanks12025
      • Jan 2006

According to baseball almanac, no one wore number 3 in 1993, Lance Parrish was the last in 1992.

Comment

• yanks12025
        • Jan 2006

And the one in the lelands auction is missing the 1994 anniversary sticker also.

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

One more thing i forgot to post. Don't you also find it funny that the number decal is in perfect shape considering how much use the helmet shows.

Comment

• kingjammy24
            • Nov 2005

helmets are carried over for years. but they're appropriately re-stickered meaning if a helmet was made in '93 but actually used in 1994, then it should have the mlb 125 sticker unless it was removed after the '94 season.

the lelands helmet is again missing the 125 sticker.

there's so much arod 1994 stuff out there it's unreal, especially given that he played a total of only 17 games. if you look at all the stuff out there, you'd believe he wore 10 jerseys. here's a current '94 arod teal shirt, size 44: http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/L...px?lotid=21173

here's another '94 arod teal, size 46: http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=35103

rudy.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by godwulf
              but what would happen if all the ARod fans, waiting in the weeds to snipe, suddenly experienced a power failure, or slept through their alarms, or - and I know this is really far out - had a chance to get laid, and didn't get to bid...and somebody bought this helmet for 35 bucks and change?
              A savvy collector would set an automatic snipe to fire just before the auction ended.....and then he would get laid.

Comment

• Lokee
                Banned
                • May 2008

Whomever it belonged to is using ISOLDIT which is a company that sells items for people on ebay. I know if it where mine I would sell it myself. ISOLDIT takes 33% to 40% on an item. To some this might seem trivial to me that is sorta a red flag in itself.

From there site

"The iSold It stores are not the owner or seller of these goods, but merely a bailee acting on behalf of the seller to facilitate the sale of the goods by holding the goods until such time as a sale is completed and the goods are shipped to the buyer."

This sounds to me a perfect opportunity to sell a knowingly doctored/fake helmet. So in the end the owner of the helmet does not put his neck on the line and gets paid.

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

I asked the seller for a larger scan of the back of the helmet (#3 sticker), but they said "sorry, under staffed. Can't do it."

As a seller, that's not a good response. How difficult is this request really?

To me, it looks like the helmet was used, and the #3 sticker was placed on the helmet afterwards. Looks like some good scuff marks around and under the #3, yet the #3 is clean as a whistle.
                  Attached Files
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• vivian
                    • Apr 2009

yeah i agree with you

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

Helmet in the auction is a blue helmet with a green brim. All 1994 pics I found, the entire helmets are blue.

Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                        • Apr 2006

Ken Griffey Jr.
                        21 Apr 1994: Outfielder Ken Griffey Jr. of the Seattle Mariners stands with a bat on his shoulder during a game against the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium in Bronx, New York. Mandatory Credit: Bill Hickey /Allsport

Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

Working...