Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Authentic Helmet? - 1994 Game Used Batting Helmet Alex Rodriguez Signed COA

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    This helmet actually sold for around $450 on ebay a few months ago. Winner never paids, so the seller relisted it.
    As an ARod fan, do you think - honestly - that the recent news about his steroid use will affect what this helmet sells for, this time?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Did you ask for the date code in the wheel.
    Seller stated: The arrow is pointing at 5 and in the middle it says 93. Thanks!

Now, doesn't this mean 1993? So this could easily be a 1993 helmet that Arod never used, correct?

Tony

Tony,
    Do you think it could have been a carry over or something. Also is the autograph legit. Because i was wondering maybe someone switched helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Tony,
    Do you think it could have been a carry over or something. Also is the autograph legit. Because i was wondering maybe someone switched helmets.
    The signature is 100% authentic! It being 93, explains why the 1994 anniversary sticker is missing, as Rudy mentioned.

Who was #3 for Seattle in 93? Not sure what to think about helpmet.

Tony

Funny, this is the third Arod rookie batting helmet I have seen for sale. They are all the same colors, but they are not the same helmets. How many rookie helmets are out there?

One sold in Lelands auction.

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=711&lot=219

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    Funny, this is the third Arod rookie batting helmet I have seen for sale. They are all the same colors, but they are not the same helmets. How many rookie helmets are out there?

One sold in Lelands auction.

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=711&lot=219
    With that said, this is why I won't touch it. The signature is good, but with the helmet dating 1993, who really knows.

Main thing that keeps me away from this is, Arod authenticates this helmet in 1996, as used in 1994. 2 years later.

Tony

According to baseball almanac, no one wore number 3 in 1993, Lance Parrish was the last in 1992.

And the one in the lelands auction is missing the 1994 anniversary sticker also.

One more thing i forgot to post. Don't you also find it funny that the number decal is in perfect shape considering how much use the helmet shows.

helmets are carried over for years. but they're appropriately re-stickered meaning if a helmet was made in '93 but actually used in 1994, then it should have the mlb 125 sticker unless it was removed after the '94 season.

the lelands helmet is again missing the 125 sticker.

there's so much arod 1994 stuff out there it's unreal, especially given that he played a total of only 17 games. if you look at all the stuff out there, you'd believe he wore 10 jerseys. here's a current '94 arod teal shirt, size 44: http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/L...px?lotid=21173

here's another '94 arod teal, size 46: http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=35103

rudy.