Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Authentic Helmet? - 1994 Game Used Batting Helmet Alex Rodriguez Signed COA

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    but what would happen if all the ARod fans, waiting in the weeds to snipe, suddenly experienced a power failure, or slept through their alarms, or - and I know this is really far out - had a chance to get laid, and didn't get to bid...and somebody bought this helmet for 35 bucks and change?
    A savvy collector would set an automatic snipe to fire just before the auction ended.....and then he would get laid.

Banned

Whomever it belonged to is using ISOLDIT which is a company that sells items for people on ebay. I know if it where mine I would sell it myself. ISOLDIT takes 33% to 40% on an item. To some this might seem trivial to me that is sorta a red flag in itself.

From there site

"The iSold It stores are not the owner or seller of these goods, but merely a bailee acting on behalf of the seller to facilitate the sale of the goods by holding the goods until such time as a sale is completed and the goods are shipped to the buyer."

This sounds to me a perfect opportunity to sell a knowingly doctored/fake helmet. So in the end the owner of the helmet does not put his neck on the line and gets paid.

I asked the seller for a larger scan of the back of the helmet (#3 sticker), but they said "sorry, under staffed. Can't do it."

As a seller, that's not a good response. How difficult is this request really?

To me, it looks like the helmet was used, and the #3 sticker was placed on the helmet afterwards. Looks like some good scuff marks around and under the #3, yet the #3 is clean as a whistle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

yeah i agree with you

Helmet in the auction is a blue helmet with a green brim. All 1994 pics I found, the entire helmets are blue.

Ken Griffey Jr.
    21 Apr 1994: Outfielder Ken Griffey Jr. of the Seattle Mariners stands with a bat on his shoulder during a game against the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium in Bronx, New York. Mandatory Credit: Bill Hickey /Allsport