the date code would be interesting to know.

anyway, in 1994 many MLB teams wore a gold MLB 125 Anniversary sticker on the back of their helmets. (it was a copy of the patch they wore on their jerseys). here's a pic of griffey showing the sticker:

is it possible that the sticker was removed for re-use the following year? sure. i don't know much about helmets but i do know that personally i like to match up the exact stickers in the exact order they appear, and the number fonts. i've seen different orders in the same year but i still like to look for the same order. eg: if the stickers go uniform number/mlb logo/ABC logo or mlb logo/uniform number/ABC logo. i've noticed orders change from year to year. sometimes they put the numbers on top of the mlb logo/abc logo. sometimes to the left or the right. i think the order sometimes helps date a helmet. anyway, i noticed the ebay helmet has the single mlb/abc sticker (as opposed to those 2 logos being 2 separate stickers as they were in previous years). i know the single sticker was used around the 1994 time frame. not sure when exactly it stopped being used.

rudy.