Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Authentic Helmet? - 1994 Game Used Batting Helmet Alex Rodriguez Signed COA

Authentic helmet? Not sure how to tell if the helmet is real. But, I do question Arod authenticating this helmet being used in 1994, two years later.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Regards,

Tony

Re: Authentic Helmet? - 1994 Game Used Batting Helmet Alex Rodriguez Signed COA

Did you ask for the date code in the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Did you ask for the date code in the wheel.
    No. I will do that. Thanks!

There are lots of good markings on the outside of the helmet. Hopefully you can photomatch!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

What did you end up finding out about your home run bat?

the date code would be interesting to know.

anyway, in 1994 many MLB teams wore a gold MLB 125 Anniversary sticker on the back of their helmets. (it was a copy of the patch they wore on their jerseys). here's a pic of griffey showing the sticker:

is it possible that the sticker was removed for re-use the following year? sure. i don't know much about helmets but i do know that personally i like to match up the exact stickers in the exact order they appear, and the number fonts. i've seen different orders in the same year but i still like to look for the same order. eg: if the stickers go uniform number/mlb logo/ABC logo or mlb logo/uniform number/ABC logo. i've noticed orders change from year to year. sometimes they put the numbers on top of the mlb logo/abc logo. sometimes to the left or the right. i think the order sometimes helps date a helmet. anyway, i noticed the ebay helmet has the single mlb/abc sticker (as opposed to those 2 logos being 2 separate stickers as they were in previous years). i know the single sticker was used around the 1994 time frame. not sure when exactly it stopped being used.

rudy.

Date created: 12 Jun 1994

Looks good to me. Besides I have never heard anything bad about the guys at Coast To Coast. Good luck.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

I'm always blown away when I see something that's obviously going to sell for at least moderately big bucks, listed with a starting bid of - in this case - $14.99, or something ridiculous like that. Yeah, I know, they're just trying to save on listing fees...but what would happen if all the ARod fans, waiting in the weeds to snipe, suddenly experienced a power failure, or slept through their alarms, or - and I know this is really far out - had a chance to get laid, and didn't get to bid...and somebody bought this helmet for 35 bucks and change?

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I'm always blown away when I see something that's obviously going to sell for at least moderately big bucks, listed with a starting bid of - in this case - $14.99, or something ridiculous like that. Yeah, I know, they're just trying to save on listing fees...but what would happen if all the ARod fans, waiting in the weeds to snipe, suddenly experienced a power failure, or slept through their alarms, or - and I know this is really far out - had a chance to get laid, and didn't get to bid...and somebody bought this helmet for 35 bucks and change?
    This helmet actually sold for around $450 on ebay a few months ago. Winner never paids, so the seller relisted it.