Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Royals Light Blue Jersey

So I may have made a mistake...can someone help me out please. I made an offer on a Tyler Lumsden powder blue jersey on ebay. I jumped before I had all my ducks in a row. I am not making any accusations, just trying to rectify my potential screw up. I did email the seller to ask.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Used-Royals-Tyler-Lumsden-powder-blue-jersey_W0QQitemZ120399731759QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120399731759&_trksid=p328 6.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A131 8

However, Tyler never made it to the KC Royals. He did play for Omaha Royals. Did Omaha wear the powder blue jerseys in 2008? So if they did not, what is the explanation? There is another powder blue jersey from KC up which is different tagging/material. Can someone help me please?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Josh-Newman-Royals-game-used-jersey-powder-blue_W0QQitemZ110371096483QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item110371096483&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Thanks.

Re: Royals Light Blue Jersey

I am interested to hear comments.

If the player was on the 40-man roster at the start of the year, jerseys would normally have been made for him, whether he set foot in KC during the regular season or not. It would appear that the Royals either give a player his choice regarding Cool Base jerseys, or they order jerseys in both materials for everybody.

(Damn the no-edit "feature"!) Should have added that this is possibly a case where the seller either calls everything "game used", or he's a bit deceptive in his descriptions.

Lumsden did not pitch in the majors in 2008. Newman did pitch a handful of innings for the KC Royals in 2008. Newman's could be from a MLB game. Lumsden's cannot. My guess/hypothesis is that the Lumsden jersey was event worn at the Royals Fan Fest in February 2008. This could explain the difference in tagging.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/new...t=.jsp&c_id=kc

This release shows Lumsden on the "appearance" list. All players and coaches wore the powder blue, to reintroduce those jerseys to the fans.

I have no recollection of the Omaha Royals wearing powder blue...

difference in tagging? one's a coolbase jersey and the other isn't. coolbase jerseys have different tags than non-coolbase jerseys. a team can/will wear the two materials simultaneously. some players prefer coolbase, others don't.

anyway, mark "bigtime" sutton is right. jerseys are ordered before some players actually make the roster. they're ordered with the idea that a player might or will likely make the roster but of course that doesn't always occur so you're left with phantom jerseys for players that never made the official final roster.

rudy.

The seller does differentiate:
    2008 powder blue Royals game used/issued signed Tyler Lumsden #37 jersey.
    vs
    Royals powder blue #63 Josh Newman game used jersey from the 2008 season.

note difference in "issued"...

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    difference in tagging? one's a coolbase jersey and the other isn't. coolbase jerseys have different tags than non-coolbase jerseys. a team can/will wear the two materials simultaneously. some players prefer coolbase, others don't.
    Were you referring to the wash tag or the Majestic "manufacturer" logo tag?

I was referring to the wash tag.
    0062/0923
    vs
    0063/0208

Would these be different between coolbase and non-coolbase? I do not know, not my area of expertise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    Were you referring to the wash tag or the Majestic "manufacturer" logo tag?

I was referring to the wash tag.
    0062/0923
    vs
    0063/0208

Would these be different between coolbase and non-coolbase? I do not know, not my area of expertise.
    Yes, regular jerseys are 0062 and CoolBase are 0063.

Banned

Here are two samples from 2008 Cubs Game Used Jerseys that were bought right from The Chicago Cubs:

Cool Base:

Name:  Cubs CB 2008.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  19.3 KB

Regular:

Name:  Cubs Regular 2008.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  34.4 KB