Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Carney Lansford A's Bats

Looking for Carney Lansford A's Bats.

Thanks

Re: Carney Lansford A's Bats

I believe i have one, but don't have much history. I will try to get some photos and the experts can give opinion? I picked up several bats years back from an employee of a minor league team and a Lansford was one. Look for pics this week

Here are some photos from a not-so-great digital but give you an idea. It is cracked but still in one piece

I've never seen one so dark. Interesting though. Anyone tell you the date on it?

Me either. which is why i wanted to try to get some opinion. I have a Tom Brunansky that is two-toned which i never saw a pic of him with, either...

Here are four Lansford bats that were obtained directly from a former teammate, dating these bats specifically to 1984 or 1985 (cobsistent with H & B labeling).

The Cooper has strong Gu characteristics--- pine tar, rack marks, grain swelling, ball marks, hit marks, cleat marks, and crack on handle moderately displaced. # 4 written on knob.

The 3 Louisville Sluggers are game ready ---

the T141 shous light use including rack marks and some hit and ball marks. # 4 written on knob...1983-85 labeling, specific to 1984 or 1985.

the two L147 bats have # 4 on the knob and have been written over to make it # 8. One is basically mint / game ready (rack mark) and has some spotted staining on the barrel, origin unknown. The other has light use with rack mark, scuffs, and weight ring mark. The players to wear # 8 for the A's were Joe Morgan (1984) and Rob Picciolo (1985), one of whom likely got these bats from Lansford for their use.

Contact me at jackitout7@aol.com for additional info if interested....Mike Specht
    Attached Images Attached Images    

What are you asking for on the super dark Lansford bat and what's the model number?

Thanks

Where would I find the model number? Sorry, not too familiar with bats...

Old thread, but since you asked, the model # would be to the right of the word genuine on the barrel.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]