Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Kevin Garnett Rookie Jersey-thoughts?

Would appreciate any comments on the offered Kevin Garnett Rookie jersey in the Grey Flannel auction.

My area of expertise is not Minnesota Timberwolves equipment and my client is seeking rookie gamers from the best NBA players.

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/L...px?lotid=20551

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

Re: Kevin Garnett Rookie Jersey-thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Would appreciate any comments on the offered Kevin Garnett Rookie jersey in the Grey Flannel auction.

My area of expertise is not Minnesota Timberwolves equipment and my client is seeking rookie gamers from the best NBA players.

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/L...px?lotid=20551

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net
    Howard, I would say the Grey Flannel jersey with Basketball Hall of Fame LOA matches up pretty well to the one Lelands.com sold for over $7100 (including Buyer's Premium and with a pair of shoes) in November 2008:

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=811&lot=400

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 5321
Size:  33.5 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  24.6 KB

With regard to the NOB...

The Ts are different - the R could be too.

Just sayin'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    With regard to the NOB...

The Ts are different - the R could be too.

Just sayin'
    Good catch.

The "R"s look ok to me, but now that you make me look, there is more space between the "GARNETT" and "21" on the Lelands auction than in the Grey Flannel auction.

I emailed an associate who has a bunch of Timberwolves stuff and asked if he could find any other hand written Set numbers of any of his items so we can compare the handwriting. I will post pictures if I receive any photos in return.

I couldn't find any pictures of Garnett's back on Getty Images from that era. Maybe someone can help us find some to help match the fonts.

Howard...

There is a expert on year that goes by the name Bigticket...

Here is the post that he made concerning Garnett rookie jerseys

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...=kevin+garnett

Does the GF one come with a Team LOA?....if not, it looks like there should be some concern

I would contact GF and ask them if it comes with a team LOA

Here goes '95-96 Isaiah Rider jersey tagging with handwritten Set 1 on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Here goes '95-96 Isaiah Rider jersey tagging with handwritten Set 1 on it.
    Great find there!

I would say, if it means anything, that this jersey matches similar handwriting to the Grey Flannel jersey and not the Lelands jersey. It doesn't make a jersey good or bad, but notice the style of the letter "S" in "Set" is similar on your jersey and the Grey Flannel jersey. The Lelands jersey has a different style of writing. This doesn't mean different people didn't write on these jerseys, but that it is interesting.

Also, the different thickness of pens used in your jersey from the Grey Flannel jersey is quite noticeable.

Finally, for those discussing it - The Grey Flannel jersey is advertised as: Accompanied by a LOA from the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    The Grey Flannel jersey is advertised as: Accompanied by a LOA from the Basketball Hall of Fame.
    i don't understand what that really means. LOAs are usually issued by either the original source or the authenticator. did the HOF sell this jersey to GFC? did they originally acquire it from garnett? or did they simply authenticate it? i don't understand what role the HOF plays in either the acquisition or authentication of this jersey. it'd be interesting to actually see what the letter says.

rudy.

Read through Bigtickets post again about the history of KG rookie jerseys.....

forget the the block handwriting, look at the font on the back of the jersey and the fact that there is no team letter...this jersey is a fake...guarenteed

When Grey Flannel has their yearly auction at the HOF all of the jerseys come with LOA's from the HOF. Grey Flannel is the "official" authenticator for the HOF. I think they stated that it comes with a HOF letter to make the jersey look more "authentic". If you search previous posts there were problems with other jerseys in that auction. From memory I think there was that bad Worthy UNC jersey.