Hey Guys,
As some of you know, I am a big collector of Morneau GU bats. This one caught my attention.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Justin-Morneau-G...3A1%7C294%3A50
However, after doing some research, this does not match up to the seller's description. I have notified the seller of my concerns and he has not responded. I do not want to see someone from this site get burned (and I know there are some Morneau collectors on here). The seller uses my photobucket to "back up" his bat. He also posts a link to Morneau using a LVS similar to his. Unfortunately, there are no similarities. The seller's bat has a finish and a rounded barrel. The one that Justin used vs. Colorado was a unfinished LVS with a cupped barrel. The one in my photobucket shows this as do the photos that I have posted. Simply watching the video will allow you to spot the differences. After asking the seller some questions, he sent me some extra photos. One was of the knob. Morneau ALWAYS weighs his bats and writes the EXACT weight to one decimal place. The seller's bat simply says "32". It also does not match the handwriting on any Morneau bat I have ever seen. Below are a few examples. This bat is also very light by Morneau's standards. Be careful with this bat. At best, it may be a BP bat. Feel free to chime in with any opinions. Thanks.

Mike

Seller's Bat Knob

Justin's Spring Training Bat and a Nice Example