Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

question about Schilling game issued jersey

Hi everyone, I recently won a Curt Schilling team issued road jersey from 2008 Japan Opening Series on MLB Auctions. I was also looking at some photos from the Red Sox trip to Japan and noticed Schilling took part in the team photo session wearing his uniform:

He was already placed on the disabled list and wasn't going to pitch in any of the games, so I am curious to know why was a game issued, the one I won, prepared for him even though he would not have needed a backup set since he wasn't playing? The only reason I could come up with is because all the jerseys were already prepared in advance well before Schilling was placed on the disabled list, but if there is a more official explanation, I'd like to know. Thanks!

Re: question about Schilling game issued jersey

I think that if you attend the game with the team you are required to still dress. I could be wrong though........

Banned

thanks, but I'm still trying to understand why a second set, game issued, would be prepared for a player who is on the disabled list. also, if he just took part in the photo session, is the jersey he's wearing still considered game used?

Even though he was on the DL, I would call it game used if he actually sat on the bench during the game. Some people might not though because he was not on the active roster at that point. If he only put it on for the photo shoot, I wouldn't consider it a gamer at all. Just my opinion.

Chris
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    Even though he was on the DL, I would call it game used if he actually sat on the bench during the game. Some people might not though because he was not on the active roster at that point. If he only put it on for the photo shoot, I wouldn't consider it a gamer at all. Just my opinion.

Chris
    that's interesting Chris because now you've made me wonder if the jersey I won on MLB Auctions might have been what he wore for the photo shoot. Does anyone have a copy of the games or remember seeing Schilling sitting in the dugout during the Japan tour? If he just wore it for the photo session and went back to the clubhouse, is that considered game worn still? thanks!

goceltics

quiggle28 can you email me troywilliams1979@yahoo.com thanks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goceltics View Post
    quiggle28 can you email me troywilliams1979@yahoo.com thanks
    I have sent you an e-mail, thanks!