Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: newbie question

Re: newbie question

...also found this one on E-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toby-Hall-SIGNED...QQcmdZViewItem

Joe

thanks joe! im good on the hall auto tho.

so as i said. ud said they would call me monday with a answer (i talked to Jose on thursday) Monday comes and goes no call, no sweat. tuesday about 4 pm their time i call them just to see. i call Jose on his direct line he gave me. He had no clue who i was and it was like he hadnt known anything about this situation. i understand they get alot of calls im very laid back but come on how many people are calling about a ruined arod game used hat? especially since it was "very limited"
    so after going through the whole thing again and refreshing his memory i got to speak with Chad who was pretty cool. solution hmmm not yet!
    However they will have a list made for me on friday am that i can choose from. if you dont mind or if you want ill post the list.
    i did ask about the value of the hat but he couldnt give an answer because he said he usually can judge card value replacements by "that auction site" and book value. so just for a laugh( i had a couple adult beverages before hand lol) i brought up the steiner hat for 5,000 and we shared a laugh. but chad assured me they will exceed the value of the arod whether i choose 1 item or multiple items.
    Thanks for the Long read
    walt

walt,

thanks for the update. definitely post that list. i'm very interested to see what they offer.

-chris

Banned

Walt I am pretty surprised your not interested in the Toby Hall Game Used Rookie bat autographed? I just found that one myself and was about to point it out to you untill I saw Joe already posted it.

Looks like a pretty nice piece.

hey suave,
    i am interested but i have 16 of his bats several rookie. i usually go through locker room memo. im looking for his first and only grand slam bat

Banned

Walt if your looking for his first and only Grand Slam bat dont you think he would have that?

So if I were you on a weekend when you have nothing to do take a drive over to his house, knock on his door and say "Hey Toby can I have your only Grand Slam bat?"

got a crazy feeling he will hand it right over lol lol lol

maybe upper deck has his grand salm bat and will give it to me!
    i believe it will show up some where

Banned

Walt I think you missing my point, unless Toby is desperate for money I am sure your not gong to see that bat any time soon. Think to yourself, that is a pretty significant accomplishment would you just let it go?

I am not saying its not possible I am just saying in the near future it is highly unlikely.

So I hope you have plenty of patience and time.

nah i understood what ya meant and i agree i can always hope to find it. i did have his japan jersey at one point when they opened against thee yanks in japan few years back

Quote Originally Posted by walt33
    so just for a laugh( i had a couple adult beverages before hand lol) i brought up the steiner hat for 5,000 and we shared a laugh. but chad assured me they will exceed the value of the arod whether i choose 1 item or multiple items.
    Walt
    This is, of course, none of my business. However, it seems from your posts that you are afraid of stepping on UDA's toes. You paid for the pack of cards. You essentially won the "lottery" that these card company pimps try to push on 12-year-olds. If some of you think its a stretch comparing redemption cards to lotto, then we disagree. You have a contract. No time for laughs or small talk...just redeem my redemption card! What did they say when you mentioned the law, courtrooms and cash settlements? Don't be afraid to ruffle some feathers, crack some eggs, etc. Ask them if they'll buy back all your Upper Deck cards at "book value"? HA!