Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: newbie question

Re: newbie question

lol 5,000! i wish it was a yankee hat then lol. i believe its a rangers or mariners hat the redemption came out of 2003 sweetspot. however i printed the steiner listing

Ask for the hat that they "ruined". Say it's the hat that you and your attorney had your hearts set on. Make'em squirm!

i am still wondering what they did to the hat that i wouldnt want it lol.

Banned

As far as for asking for too much there is nothing wrong with that, the worst they can tell you is NO or that it is way over valued for the item there trying to replace and who knos they might end up giving you something similar to that.

As someone said here its JUST BUSINESS and there is nothing wrong with asking.

At least if you shoot for the stars you might not get it but you might do pretty well. if you shoot for something mid level you might end up with crap.

JUST BUSINESS!!!

Banned

Walt they gave it out to someone else!!!

Banned

If you use that Steiner hat with Upper Deck, I bet they'll make you happy somehow. What great work BTPH finding that link for this guy, it should be perfect to help set the value of a genuine cap!

I agree with using that Steiner hat as a bargaining chip. UD's prices are even more ridiculous than Steiner's. There is now way that they would sell a hat like that for "$3-400, perhaps $500 tops". Make sure you tell them how excited you were when you pulled that card, then they ripped your heart out! LOL Definitely ask them for a list though. Good luck!

and they call the 80's the decade of greed? a company makes money, so they should get gouged? shoot for the moon, aim high, and if all else fails, call a lawyer? everyone on here knows that Steiner's prices are asinine, we all laugh at them, and yet now we're going to use them as the price standard?

Tell you what: I have an AROD hat from his Mariners days. I will not sell it for nothing less than $50,000. Print that and take it to them! It doesn't matter what the asking price is, value is set by the actual sales price.

Perhaps this thread is why so many are sickened by the new American ideals: someone screwed up, so they must PAY PAY PAY!!! Let's throw any sense of fairness out the window: Tell them you'll settle for nothing less than an AROD GW jersey AND you want extra for all your pain and suffering, all your mental anguish! If not, you'll call in the lawyers and then the ante will be upped: nothing short of a Babe Ruth GW cap will do, preferably pulled right off of David Wells' head.

Ken

Banned

early you totally blew that out of proportion no one said settle for nothing less then the premium items but whether you awnt to admit it or not UD is a company not your local family owned candy store and if you think they are going to go out of there way to bring you the best your wrong. So there is nothing wrong with asking, hes not demanding these items, hes just asking. You might be surprised and end up with something really really nice then even what he expected.

hey guys ,
    i didnt mean to start anything i just wanted to know what to ask for as a replacement and just to say it sucks they damaged the hat (i bet they made a card out of it lol)
    walt