Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1960's basketball ball and jerseys

Guys i just found this site and i have to say it seems you have it together. i am looking for some up close pictures of the ball used in the 60's NBA, preferably the branding on the ball. I think it was a spalding ball (not sure), also who made the official NBA jerseys in the 60's. I have contacted all the company's and the NBA hall of fame with no response. this is why i have come to the experts. can you help me out?

Re: 1960's basketball ball and jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by groupleader View Post
    Guys i just found this site and i have to say it seems you have it together. i am looking for some up close pictures of the ball used in the 60's NBA, preferably the branding on the ball. I think it was a spalding ball (not sure), also who made the official NBA jerseys in the 60's. I have contacted all the company's and the NBA hall of fame with no response. this is why i have come to the experts. can you help me out?
    As for jerseys, each team had a different manufacturer. MacGregor made the Knicks, Rawlings made the Hawks, Wilson made the Royals, etc. etc. Is there a certain team you were curious about?

Wilson made San Francisco, Tiernan made Lakers, etc.

BTW...I am NOT an expert!

Banned

The Celtics were supplied by Horace Partridge for a decent portion of their dynasty years, and I've also seen Wilson jerseys pop up, as well.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

yes, i am looking for the Celtics of the late 50's and 60's any body know what the tags looked like?

Thanks Dave it would be a fellow chi-towner to help me out thanks! and to Both-teams -played-hard, o.k your not a expert but you ARE F'n good

You guys rock! thanks for the info i knew i came to the right place! But who made the basketball then?

I wanna say it was Wilson.

Getty Image #81802785 - is that Wilson?

When Spalding took over at the start of the 83-84 season, they had a print ad "The first NBA rookie with 90 years experience".