Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

If you could only keep ONE of your gamers...

which one would you keep? Circumstances called for you to sell all your items but one. Tell us which is your keeper. I'm still thinking about it. It's a tuff call and one I hope I never have to make.
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com

Banned

Re: If you could only keep ONE of your gamers...

Wow thats a hard one but it would have to come down to these 3 I know you asked for 1 but since I am not in the situation now to really have to decide it is hard for me too. Especially since I have hundreds of items if not more I think narrowing down to e is pretty good.

These are my 3.

1) 1998 Yankee Jorge Posada World Series Game Used Jersey - many significances to this jersey for this season & player.
    2) 1994 Giants Darryl Strawberry Game Used Jersey w/Anniversary patch - due to how rare it is and you hardly see anything come from his time with the Giants.
    3) 1996 Yankees Regular season & World Series used Darryl Strawberry fielding glove - due to the significances of this season & Player

Those are mine!!

Hello,
    I would sell my whole collection. If I could watch my son play in the MLB. I think that would be the best gamer anyone could ever want.
    Thanks,
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

Ed Hearn' s 1986 game used road jersey and his 1986 NLCS bat.

Everything else can go.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

1949 Minneapolis Millers uniform worn by Otey Clark. When I bought it from Otey I told him I would never sell it. I intend to keep my word.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Chris Chambliss game worn yankee hat from 1970's. And this ain't game used but 1926 Yankee team signed baseball(Ruth, Gehrig, Huggins and Lazzeri).

My selection would be my 2000 Ken Griffey Jr Cincinnati Reds jersey. First season in Cincy where he put up 40 home runs and 118 rbis.... oh what could have been.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

A painfully difficult scenario to contemplate.

I think I would have to keep ahold of my Matt Williams 1999 white, pin-striped Diamondbacks home jersey.

Ok, if I really have to pick just 1, it would be my newly acquired Alfonso Soriano game used fielding glove from 2002-2003. Now, if I can sneak a few more in, I would keep a destroyed Soriano Yankees bat, and a hammered photomathed Soriano bat from 2006.

By the way Mike, when your son makes it, can I get a few gamers on the house?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    A painfully difficult scenario to contemplate.

I think I would have to keep ahold of my Matt Williams 1999 white, pin-striped Diamondbacks home jersey.
    godwulf, really?

Even after the steroid implications?

Matt went to my college and was a superstar (UNLV) and had a great career, and because I used to watch him play in the desert, I have a special liking for the guy too.

But because of this painful era these guys all played in, I have a tendency to lean more toward the vintage stuff of the dead guys.

Mine would be Babe Ruth's last game used bat...his last at bat of his career, picked up off the field by Wally Berger who, upon hearing Babe Ruth utter the infamous words ending the most hallowed career in baseball history, "I quit", asked him if he could keep his bat as a momento. "Sure kid" babe replied. I have the letter from Wally Berger's wife, who gave the bat to Barry Halper, who eventually had his historic 1999 auction. Wally had kept that bat all the way to his death.

The winner of that auction put the bat up for sale a year later in Robert Edwards Auctions, where I was the lucky winner.

I'll either be taking it to my grave with me, or having my kids promise they'll always keep it in the family.