Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sabathia Rocked

Sabathia Rocked

Games not over as of this write; but from what I saw CC got rocked. Did not look good at all. And against the O's.

My son was watching, he's 12. Pointed out the contract and the pressure. Good example of a team that pays out...but that doesn't always mean that player/team will be best... Then again, Yanks could come back too, but that is baseball .
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Re: Sabathia Rocked

You know it is opening day. Also Cliff Lee got rocked for 7 runs.

Not only did CC have a not so hot day.

Mark Texiera is 0-4! In the Top of the eighth, he had the tying run on third base and Damon on first and grounds out to end the inning.

Yanks are down to their last three outs..... Currently bottom of the eighth, 6-5 O's winning....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Yea, saw that about Mark Tex. Good lesson for the kids. $$ doesn't/shouldn't buy championships.

Sorry Yankee fans, but I just love days like today when I see them lose!
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Yea, saw that about Mark Tex. Good lesson for the kids. $$ doesn't/shouldn't buy championships.

Sorry Yankee fans, but I just love days like today when I see them lose!
    Don't get used to it. Haha.

tex wasnt a very popular pllayer hear in texas. he was popular by the fans but from what reports have said he isnt a team players. the question is can a whole team of players that arent team players win the world series.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Fnazxc0114,
    I heard it the other way. That he's a big team player and is a great person in the clubhouse.

as a yankee fan, i was never really for the acquisition of tex. just a classic example of the yankees throwing big $$ at a player, and hoping he produces. the season is young, so we will see how the entire year goes. i would rather they let Shelley Duncan have a shot off the farm. the kid has power, and is a first baseman. on top of that, he plays with youthful exuberance. he wants to win, and always has a big smile on his face.

mark

As a contrast, the one guy who got no look in the winter was Adam Dunn. Big 3 run homer, 4 RBI and 2/4. Problem was the Nats got thrashed. Look for Dunn to have a big year, but unfortunately for him it will be Cincinnati all over again in a winless atmosphere...
    ROBERT KOPPEL

i dont know there were a few players on the local radio who said they were glad that he was gone. you also have to consider to when he was here he had a new manager until he was traded.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington