X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loumud
    • Feb 2008

Padres Fan Day results

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd give Padres fans some love on here since the team isn't mentioned much on this site!

The Padres Fan Day was a fun event this past Sunday. They hosted their annual 'garage sale' in which they sell off game used items from the previous season. I was one of the first ones in the room for the garage sale, but I must admit that I was a little disappointed that they did not have any of the current players' jerseys available (besides some of the lesser-known player's ST and BP jerseys). Someone told me a few weeks ago that they had some 'inside scoop' that there would be a couple Maddux and Peavy jerseys available, but no cigar.

Anyway, I did walk away with game used jerseys of Khalil Green (sand jersey), Randy Wolf (camouflage jersey), Tadahito Iguchi (blue Coolbase jersey), and Morgan Ensberg (blue Coolbase jersey). Some lady just beat me to the only blue Khalil jersey I saw, but luckily there was one last sand-colored jersey available. The Wolf camo jersey is pretty neat, and it was the only camo jersey I saw in the whole pile there. The Iguchi jersey might only be game issued, though, since it has #15 and he mainly wore #10 during his time with the Padres. I haven't been able to find any photos of him wearing the #15 in a game, although the number would have been available after May when Edmonds got cut. If anyone has anymore info on this, I would appreciate it tremendously! I have also always been an Ensberg fan from his days in Houston, and the jersey I got actually shows some really good use.

The game used bat selection also wasn't very good. A friend of mine got a couple of Iguchi bats, and also was lucky to find an Adrian Gonzalez green batting helmet that had been cracked. But, other than that there really wasn't much else to note.

I was also able to get Peavy at the 1:30 signing on a 2007 All Star ball for a friend in Houston. Overall, it was a great day, and I'm very happy with what I was able to walk away with. If anyone else on here was able to attend, let us know what you walked away with!
  • loumud
    • Feb 2008

Re: Padres Fan Day results

Here's some photos of the items I picked up!

Comment

• Texans
      • Nov 2005

Those jersey are awesome. I just move to San Diego and was wondering how did you hear about the sell? Also how early do you have to go and the price range for used items?

Jojo

Comment

• pietraynor
        • Nov 2005

I know it's a long shot, but did you happen to see any Jay Payton jerseys? Thanks in advance, Jay
        ldonalds@columbus.rr.com

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Were there any Tony Clark game jerseys in the sale?

Dave M.
          Chicago area

Comment

• TAFKADixie
            • Oct 2008

Any chance you're lookni to get rid of the Khalil. I already own a college and minor league gamer. Just need a MLB.
            You can see my entire Clemson Tigers collection here with over 30 items.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a83...eys/?start=all

SamFinley@charter.net

Comment

• loumud
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by TAFKADixie
              Any chance you're lookni to get rid of the Khalil. I already own a college and minor league gamer. Just need a MLB.
              Hi there,

Please e-mail me at loumud@yahoo.com and we'll discuss. Thanks!

Comment

• loumud
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
                Were there any Tony Clark game jerseys in the sale?

Dave M.
                Chicago area
                I don't recall seeing any Tony Clark jerseys, but there may have been a BP or ST jersey somewhere. They did have a nice game used bat of his, but he wasn't on my target list. Also, I didn't see any Jay Payton items either.

Comment

• tigerdale
                  • Dec 2007

any wil ledezma bats?
                  always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                  Thank you, Dale
                  tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by loumud
                    I don't recall seeing any Tony Clark jerseys, but there may have been a BP or ST jersey somewhere. They did have a nice game used bat of his, but he wasn't on my target list. Also, I didn't see any Jay Payton items either.
                    Thanks for the info.

Dave M.
                    Chicago area

Comment

• loumud
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by tigerdale
                      any wil ledezma bats?
                      I don't recall seeing any, but if there were they might have been gone by the time I got to the bats. The jerseys were my first priority, so I didn't get to the bats until later on.

Comment

• cardinals0103
                        • Aug 2008

I hear the jerseys were pretty cheap. Did anyone buy extra ones with intent on reselling? I'd be interested in maybe purchasing one if maybe someone has extras.

I really wish my local club (Royals) has these firesales.

Comment

• Sincityson
                          • Oct 2006

Nice Camo jersey! Do they ever have jersey from any previous years? 2000-2004?

SCS
                          Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Comment

Working...