Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Geddy Lee collects game used!

Geddy Lee, the lead singer and bassist for Rush, is pictured in the current issue of Spin magazine in his den. Clearly visible in the photo are several autographed and game used bats. The one in the foreground belonged to Shoeless Joe Jackson. Here's Geddy's description:
    "It's believed that this was still in his possession after he was banned from baseball. The theory is that when he was playing in the industrial leagues, he was going under an assumed name and still had bats left over from Major League baseball, and this was one of them. You can see where his name has kind of been shaved away a little."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Geddy Lee collects game used!

That's cool!

Thanks for sharing.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

He's been collecting this stuff for years and just recently donated a ton of signed balls to the Negro League Museum.

http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.p...2249&Itemid=42

Yea, he is a huge baseball fan. Watch just about any Blue Jays game when Rush isn't on tour and you will see him sitting right behind home.

Here is an article about Geddy Lee's extensive baseball collection:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...=broder/070410

Quote Originally Posted by Masimen View Post
    Yea, he is a huge baseball fan. Watch just about any Blue Jays game when Rush isn't on tour and you will see him sitting right behind home.

My buddy lives next to Geddy's brother in Toronto and went with the brother to the Jays and tigers game today - in Geddy's seats - and witnessed Verlander's no-no from right behind home plate. Only second no hitter at SkyDome/Rogers Centre and first in 21 seasons!

Geddy missed it, and I understand, is not pleased!
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Very cool. Johnny Ramone was a baseball memorabilia collector and I always wondered if it included game used items.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Off topic, but I thought it was interesting... the yellow book in the stack on his desk by Saul Bellow is titled Henderson the Rain King. This was the book that Adam Duritz from the Counting Crows wrote the song Rain King about. Just thought it was interesting that two lead singers from large bands would be into that book.. its not really that popular
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Yes...To answer your question with Johnny Ramone. He was a collecter...He was a great friend and we also traded many items with each other.

I miss my bud...

Billy

I was already a huge Rush fan and Geddy Lee has just risen to a new level in my book!