Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: All members, listen up...(MUST read)...

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    you're lucky they didn't send col. rast!

anyway i think howard wolf once received a cease-n-desist from GFC's (real estate) attorney. maybe the implication was that if howard didn't clam up, they would delay his escrow or petition to have his property taxes reassessed.

i, on the other hand, have never been found by any of the houses. maybe it's because i never leave the house without my shrub costume?

rudy.

rudy, that was you. we met almost two years ago in san fran. then you yelled at me saying it wasnt a free show!

Thats right!
    Fishermans Wharf.

Rudy

As long as we deal with facts then there's nothing wrong with asking questions about items these auction houses are selling. This site has been instrumental in making some of these companies accountable for the first time. I would hate to think they are using intimidation tactics to get people here to stop talking.

Oh, and hey auction house geniuses- the FBI reads this site!

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

I am home, and everything is O.K.

But I am shaken, and have a lot of questions.

I did receive a call back from this guy who came over to my house today. I did not get his name completely correct, as my wife may have misheard him when he pronounced it. But as it turns out, he is a local neighbor of mine, and had heard that I was in "trouble" with Grey Flannel. I will have another conversation tonight with him, as I still don't understand his "urgency" to contact me today, or especially the way he went about it.

My wife didn't open the door when he knocked, she asked "Who's there?" He asked for me, by name, and inquired if I was home. She asked "Who are you, do you know my husband?" He said "I'm Bob "XXXX", I know AMI, I'm in the business." She may have thought that meant he worked for them. In any case, in light of receiving the letter I received from Grey Flannel's attorney, this all seemed to be too coincidental.

I am very unsettled in regards to what has transpired in the last 24 hours. I am not naive. I know it's a big bad world out there. But I also thought there were privacy laws that were supposed to be followed. It is upsetting to know that anyone can find out basically anything they want to know about anyone.....with little effort these days.

That said, I have nothing to hide. But it is a sobering thought when reality rears it's ugly head, and the thought you may have pissed off somebody badly enough that they may be participating in some sort of retalitory activity.....seems to have come your way.

I am not here for the B.S. drama. And certainly I have no intentions or desires to have my children brought up in an orphanage, or to participate in any legal action because of my participation on a forum in a hobby I love. I am not making any accusations against anyone here. There has been a bunch of threads lately posting opinions and questions about a bunch of jerseys in Grey Flannels current auction. It is of the opinion of someone at Grey Flannel that lines have potentially been approached that lean on the "defamation of character" ground. I for one want to make it clear that what has been posted, albeit colorful in words and "opinions", are nothing but just that. Opinions and questions.

Apparently Mr. Russek is upset. I will be calling him tomorrow to attempt to clear this thing up. I hope I am successful in reaching him.

You can speak the words of GOD himself as his messenger....but rest assured, if you say something that pisses someone off, you're asking for it.

I also did have a very nice and lenghthy conversation with Victor. I do not believe that my personal info was given out by him. I am comfortable saying that. And lastly, I want everyone to know that, whatever is going on here, I want it to end.

I don't think that the events of the last 24 hours are all merely a "coincidence". I was shaken by what happened today. I had three relatives (who are in the LAPD) race to my house to protect my wife if need be. As it turns out, that may have been in haste, but GEEZUZ. After receiving a warning from an attorney, then out of the blue there is a guy knocking on my door asking for me? What would you guys have thought?

I still have questions. I still want to know who gave him my address. I still want to know why it was so urgent to contact me today.

Like I said before, I'm not in this hobby for the drama. I would suggest to any of you who want to post thoughts on items.....please make sure you follow the rules spelled out by Chris Cavalier. And don't for one minute think if you upset somebody in this business, there isn't going to be ramifications for it. I didn't sign up for this s#!t, and I certainly don't want to end up in a mess because I shared a bit of history, anguish, and thoughts in my years of collecting. I am here for the pleasure, and to learn.

And I learned from this. I don't want the drama. My posts will be carefully thought out, and far fewer, going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    Is this 'Mears' as in MEARS AUTHENTICATION?
    Same name, but that, I assure you, is pure coincidence.

I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with MEARS authentication service (but I did think it was cool their initials spelled out my last name when I first heard of them.)

Just to let you know, it's VERY difficult to prove defamation, and it's not defamation if it's your opinion. I would say don't allow yourself to be intimidated. Then again, all the stuff you mentioned didn't happen to me, so it's easy for me to say. Just letting to know that this letter is just to scare you, and they couldn't really do anything. Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Mr.3000

I would love for one of them to show up at my place of residence.

911 dispatch: Where's your emergency?

Me: Hello. I just shot an intruder.

Got to love the great Commonwealth of Virginia! Yee-Haw! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Then again, all the stuff you mentioned didn't happen to me, so it's easy for me to say. Ricardo
    ricardo, did you not have a neighbor knock on your door? kidding

what exactly happened here? steve you received a C&D, one of dozens i'm sure richie has whipped off in the past few years, and then intimated that you were marked for death?

"After receiving a warning from an attorney, then out of the blue there is a guy knocking on my door asking for me? What would you guys have thought?"

i would've thought i received a C&D and then some guy knocked on my door. worst case scenario, maybe a process server. or jehovah's witness. "hitman" probably wouldn't have crossed my mind. if i had a nickel for everytime someone threatened to sue me..

anyway, common sense and an understanding of what constitutes libel (and how difficult it is to win a libel case) should keep most people out of trouble. if you're never going to make a negative statement against GFC again then richie probably wishes they were all so easy.

rudy.

Mr. 3000, I was thinking of Texas, but apparantly in Virginia you can also shoot an intruder. I wish California would have that law as well
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Mr. 3000, I was thinking of Texas, but apparantly in Virginia you can also shoot an intruder. I wish California would have that law as well

So do I, Ricardo, so do I. Unfortunately we live in a state where criminals have more rights than us law abiding citizens. Funny little place we live in here.

Aaron