Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

All members, listen up...(MUST read)...

To all GUU members.....If there are still any of you who doesn't think this forum has significant importance in the memorabilia industry....think again.

Yesterday, by pure chance, I was home from work. First day off I've taken in over 6 months. So the mail comes, and I see a letter addressed to me, return address is that of a law firm locally.

I open it, and it's addressed to me. Not suicide_squeeze....my user name here.....MY real name.

It was a cease and desist letter. I called the attorney, had a brief and cordial conversation, and informed him I would not make any more "over-the-top" comments about Grey Flannel, their client, going forward.

Yesterday morning, while I'm home, I get a call on my cell phone from Victor Moreno of AMI. He says he wanted to talk to me about an interesting "Rose" item he just received. He left a number to return his call. I called him back this morning, but have not received a return call.

Today, some guy who introduced himself as "Bob Lacy" who works for AMI shows up at my house. My wife just called to tell me this. The guy wants to talk to me. I told her to call the police and get them there immediately, and make a full report. My wife saw this guy looking through our windows... and mailbox....

I called his cell number and left a message. He has not returned my phone call.

Needless to say, this is alarming. Scarey stuff. I am posting this here in case something happens to me.

Listen people, I just want to say that when times get tough, and disgruntled people are pressed, sometimes it all ends badly. I have some seriously profound feelings that something bad is going down. For obvious reasons, if I am wrong, and all ends up O.K., then we'll speak again here. If not, I suggest you listen to this tread....and live by the "caveat emptor" rule.....just be aware of what you are buying because YOU are the only one who can be responsible for it.

Steve Mears......remember the name

Re: All members, listen up...(MUST read)...

Wow!
    This sounds very scary,I hope everything works out for you and yours.
    Have you done anything else but speak your mind?

Rudy

I think there is more to this than you are telling. You must have done something to prompt the visit, and for you to be so worried about it, or to think that you may be in danger. Certainly all of this wouldn't be going on over some comments you made on this forum.....I may be wrong, but there seems to be more to tell.....

...something tells me Lou Lampson might be showing up at my door one of these days. I'd ofcoarse invite him in, and show him my bat collection, then beat him over the head with one.

what is this in reference to? i am just curious, not nosey?

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    .....Steve Mears......remember the name
    Is this 'Mears' as in MEARS AUTHENTICATION?

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    Is this 'Mears' as in MEARS AUTHENTICATION?
    Same name, but that, I assure you, is pure coincidence.

I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with MEARS authentication service (but I did think it was cool their initials spelled out my last name when I first heard of them.)

Just to let you know, it's VERY difficult to prove defamation, and it's not defamation if it's your opinion. I would say don't allow yourself to be intimidated. Then again, all the stuff you mentioned didn't happen to me, so it's easy for me to say. Just letting to know that this letter is just to scare you, and they couldn't really do anything. Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    To all GUU members.....If there are still any of you who doesn't think this forum has significant importance in the memorabilia industry....think again.

Yesterday, by pure chance, I was home from work. First day off I've taken in over 6 months. So the mail comes, and I see a letter addressed to me, return address is that of a law firm locally.

I open it, and it's addressed to me. Not suicide_squeeze....my user name here.....MY real name.

It was a cease and desist letter. I called the attorney, had a brief and cordial conversation, and informed him I would not make any more "over-the-top" comments about Grey Flannel, their client, going forward.

Steve Mears......remember the name
    Steve - How do you think they got your real name and address? Are you registered with GFC or is someone playing a prank on you?

Hope all works out!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Note to self...

Add suicide squeeze to my Dead Pool on May 1st.

Only kidding, Steve.

Steve?

Steve?