Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

new to the boards, question

hey guys, I am new to collecting game used jerseys, and just wanted an opinion on this jersey of brandon phillips. Is it a fair price, and is it an authentic game used jersey as far as one can tell? any help would be great thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

Banned

Re: new to the boards, question

Quote Originally Posted by go_tribe View Post
    hey guys, I am new to collecting game used jerseys, and just wanted an opinion on this jersey of brandon phillips. Is it a fair price, and is it an authentic game used jersey as far as one can tell? any help would be great thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching
    Much good here...quality and honest seller who carefully describes all items he sells, and the pics all look positive. While I wouldn't pay that much for a Phillips, he is fairly popular with Indians (and Reds) fans, and has All-Star potential. Resultingly, there are collectors and fans out there who wouldnot be hesitant to pull the trigger on this one, IMO.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

He may not sign it though, if that's something you are hoping. He hates to sign anything of the Indians.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy13 View Post
    He may not sign it though, if that's something you are hoping. He hates to sign anything of the Indians.
    Really? well that sucks cause that was my plan. Thanks guys for the advice so far

I have two friends who wanted their cleveland bats signed, at first he declined. That was a year ago, so then they tried again this year, Brandon still didn't want to sign. My friend then begged, and told Brandon he could write whatever he wanted on the bat. Brandon then signed and wrote something funny on the bat along with his name. I'm not sure what he would do with a jersey.

I Agree with Dave regarding the Price. I wouldn't toss that kind of dough for that jersey unless you are a really big fan of his. You can find really nice examples of common Indians jerseys for less than half of this one. It really depends upon what you like collecting, but these newer Indians jerseys are really easy to find and generally run much cheaper.

Tim

I have purchased about a dozen jerseys from this seller and they were all authentic game worns. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him. Good Luck with your collection and welcome to the GUU board.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

thanks for the kind words everyone and the help

he's a good guy, some of the cincy jersey's he bought off of me years ago.