Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GFC Lot #197: 1992 Michael Jordan Olympic Dream Team Game-Used Road Jersey

Hi,

GFC currently has on their Summer 2009 auction, Lot #197: 1992 Michael Jordan Olympic Dream Team Game-Used Road Jersey.

http://greyflannelauctions.com/catalog.aspx?category=42

While looking into to the jersey, I noticed that there is no registered trademark on the lower/right hand corner of the USA BASKETBALL Logo.

I am attaching a close up photo on my GU 92 Away Dream Team jersey

I checked some pictures of Jordan wearing this jersey from GETTY's Images and you can see that the registered trademark is present.

Any thoughts on this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: GFC Lot #197: 1992 Michael Jordan Olympic Dream Team Game-Used Road Jersey

i think that's pretty interesting. i guess the big question is why wouldn't there be a registered mark? i can't see it being a mfr error because the registered mark would be part of the whole "usa basketball" pattern that was heat-pressed on. it's not like the registered mark was heat-pressed seperately. so the pattern that was heat-pressed on the GFC jersey was lacking the registered mark. perhaps at the time that specific GFC pattern was heat-pressed, the logo hadn't yet been registered? perhaps the jersey is a sample or prototype that pre-dated the registering of the logo?

very interesting. can anyone show any pics of any of the members of the 1992 US squad wearing a blue jersey without a registered mark?

rudy.

i noticed the white jerseys (yours and the one that sold for over $38k at REA) don't have any registered logo. i wonder why the blue ones do but not the white ones?

rudy.

Could someone post or list the Getty photo number of the jersey WITH a trademark. I always thought the registered trademark was on retail jerseys.

i included an extra off-topic shot i found of jordan lacing up his sneakers because it's a rare pic showing the tagging.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Could someone post or list the Getty photo number of the jersey WITH a trademark. I always thought the registered trademark was on retail jerseys.
    Here are some of the Getty Photo Numbers that you can check:

1215072 - not too clear but if you enlarge it you'll see it..

I really do not know why there is no registered trademark on the Home jerseys

Banned

You folks should contact Champion and ask your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    You folks should contact Champion and ask your questions.
    Joel,

Just curious, will Champion ever respond to a collector if they ask about any of the jerseys that they manufactured between 1990 to 1997, especially the Dream Team jersey or any ASG jersey?

If you have a contact at Champion USA, I would definitely send them an email and request a clarification regarding the registered trademark which is evident in the pictures from Gettys Images.

Regards,
    jordan23collectibles

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jordan23collectibles View Post
    Joel,

Just curious, will Champion ever respond to a collector if they ask about any of the jerseys that they manufactured between 1990 to 1997, especially the Dream Team jersey or any ASG jersey?

If you have a contact at Champion USA, I would definitely send them an email and request a clarification regarding the registered trademark which is evident in the pictures from Gettys Images.

Regards,
    jordan23collectibles
    Theo, I have never personally contacted Champion but it just seems if there are so many concerns, maybe Champion would know why some jerseys had an extra logo and others's don't.

I often remind people that the companies that make jerseys are not as anal as we are about tags and logos, as often there is a genuine diffrence because no one making the jerseys cared to look.

This is not always the case, but it is a reasonable thought process.

Nice to hear from you - Are you going to Springfield, MA this summer for the inductions?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jordan23collectibles View Post
    Joel,

Regards,
    jordan23collectibles
    It's a longshot and I'm sure Joel knows that, however, I actually did get help from Nike when researching my Jerry Rice cleats and they were helpful much to my amazement.