Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2009 Turner Field photography available for photomatches!

For anybody with 2009 Atlanta Braves equipment, or from any opposing team at Turner Field in 2009, I'd just like to let you all know that I'm doing photography at every series at Turner Field in 2009. If you have anything that you're trying to photomatch, and you need a specific picture from a specific game, then just let me know! I take typically 200-300 pictures every game I go to. I also try to get pictures of any equipment laying on the ground...so if I see something like a players bat bag, or the coaches Fungo bats, or anything like that, I get pics of that also. And another thing....I try to get pics of every player on the opposing team during batting practice, since sometimes getting style-matches for B.P. jerseys is hard to find. I sell prints too if anybody would like a copy if I have a pic that you need. I'll have a page set up on my site soon with all photos available from 2009. Here's a few examples from the Braves home opener last night:

Also....I'm sure you guys will get a kick out of this pic I got of Miguel Cabrera I got last week:

Re: 2009 Turner Field photography available for photomatches!

wow there birthday boy,you really take some great pictures.Do you have a press pass or do you take these from your seats?..i also love taking pictures at the games i go to,so i can appreciate good photography,and yours is really good.I am very impressed with these.I used to be a braves fan back in 90's as i was a huge deion fan,those teams were great with the dream team pitching staff they had-glavine,maddox,smoltz and avery.I used to tape every game,cause we got tbs here.Even after deion left,i was a fan of thiers,I LOVED JOHN ROCKER!!!..That's right i said it.And that's saying alot being a lifetime yankees fan,as my dad handed that down to me and my one brother,which we now are carring on for him now.But anyway,just wanted to say,great pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    wow there birthday boy,you really take some great pictures.Do you have a press pass or do you take these from your seats?..i also love taking pictures at the games i go to,so i can appreciate good photography,and yours is really good.I am very impressed with these.I used to be a braves fan back in 90's as i was a huge deion fan,those teams were great with the dream team pitching staff they had-glavine,maddox,smoltz and avery.I used to tape every game,cause we got tbs here.Even after deion left,i was a fan of thiers,I LOVED JOHN ROCKER!!!..That's right i said it.And that's saying alot being a lifetime yankees fan,as my dad handed that down to me and my one brother,which we now are carring on for him now.But anyway,just wanted to say,great pictures.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your kind words. I actually take all my pics from the stands. I get dollar-seats before the game and just do my best to sneak down for the best shots. But usually now I'll take pictures from the walkway where the wheelchair sections are, since the ushers usually don't mind if I take pictures from there. Oh, and don't worry, cuz I actually LOVED John Rocker, and I'm from New York myself

I've been getting a few e-mails lately from collectors asking if I have pictures from specifc games to help photomatch different pieces. So here is an update with games I have taken pictures at. Recently I have been taking around 600 or so pictures a game and I try to not miss anyone from both teams. Here's some example shots too from the past few games I attended:

Braves/Blue Jays 5/24/09

Braves/Rockies 5/19/09

Braves/Mets 5/5/09

Braves/Astros 5/3/09 (pictures from this game are limited due to me having to leave early)

Braves/Cardinals 4/30/09 (pictures from this game are limited due to the fact that I was using a new lens which didn't work out as well as I planned...I ended up returning it after the game and bought another one)

Braves/Marlins 4/16/09

Braves/Nationals 5/10/09 (Home Opener for the Braves...Opening Day for the Nats)

Braves/Tigers 4/3/09 (pictures from this game didn't come out as good as my most recent pictures since it was my first time using my new camera & lens and I had to learn how to work it)

Kyle,
    That photo with the black and white background is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Kyle,
    That photo with the black and white background is really cool.

Thanks.....it's actually my most favorite picture that I've taken so far this season. It only takes about 20 minutes to do that to a picture so I might do it more often with more of my pictures.

Great eye Kyle, you've got a real knack for catching the action right at the apex.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.

What kind of camera? lens? do you use? How did you do the background black and white on the first image. Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    What kind of camera? lens? do you use? How did you do the background black and white on the first image. Great stuff!

I use a Nikon D80. It cost me about $1000 (came with a 135mm lens). The lens I've been using for the past 2 games and which I will be using for the rest of the season is a 70-300mm lens. I'm able to just stand in the walkway at Turner Field (which is pretty far back) and I'll still get good close-ups. I'll at times take shots from the first section at the dugout as well. I edited that Yunel Escobar picture in GIMP, which is basically the free version of Photoshop. It takes only about 20 minutes to complete.

Cool pictures, I do photography as well at minor league games and stuff. I'll have to upload some tomorrow and post them on here, I actually have photomatches for almost every single bat I have gotten at minor league games. I use a Nikon CoolPix P80 which has a great 18x Optical Zoom.