Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

1992 Juan Gonzalez Gamer

Just curious does it not look like the inscription was added by someone other than Juan ? It just looks different PLUS jersey shows no use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUAN-GONZALEZ-TE...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: 1992 Juan Gonzalez Gamer

Lokee,

Please email me with an email address I can answer to. I would like to talk...

Thanks,

Steve
    suicide_squeeze@roadrunner.com

maybe its a coincidence but there is a letter addressed to a tony in one of the documents of reference. so i thought maybe the letter was addressed to 3arod13. regardless maybe tony can help.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    maybe its a coincidence but there is a letter addressed to a tony in one of the documents of reference. so i thought maybe the letter was addressed to 3arod13. regardless maybe tony can help.
    Joel, you're correct. The letter from Bob Case is addressed to me. All documentation from D.C. Collectibles, Scott Welkowsky, and Bob Case in this auction was obtained by myself. I also talked to Bob Case back then about the jersey. I purchased the jersey in early 1997, which was later published in Baseball Beckett in November 1997.

The signature on the jersey is Juan's signature from 1992. The inscription was also made by Juan. There were many photographs Juan signed back then with the same inscription, which were identical to this one.

I took a polaroid of the jersey, and sent the jersey and all documentation to Juan. He authenticated the jersey and signed the polaroid for me.

The seller of this jersey is/was also a big Juan Gonzalez collector. He bought most of my Juan Gonzalez game used items.

Hope this helps,

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

Tony,

Thanks for the information. I would love to add this to my collection.

So was the inscription signed at a later date by Juan or the same time he autographed it ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Tony,

Thanks for the information. I would love to add this to my collection.

So was the inscription signed at a later date by Juan or the same time he autographed it ?

Thanks
    Lokee,

Here's my thoughts about the inscription. The documentation from Bob Case states Juan signed the jersey under the "AS" in Texas after the game. He does not mention anything about the inscription. I also questioned why the inscription was darker than the signature. Maybe because the signature is larger, it's not as dark. Where the inscription is smaller, it came out darker. Not sure.

I can say that Juan made the inscription. Maybe that same day. Maybe at a later date. I matched the same indentical inscription with many photos that Juan signed in 1992-93, and it's his handwriting.

Anyway, for my own piece of mind, I took a polaroid of the jersey, sent the jersey and all documentation to Juan, and he signed the polaroid.

I can tell you that I sent items to Juan in the past, and he wouldn't sign them if he questioned them.

Unless you want to question Bob Cases' story, which I don't. Or that the jersey doesn't show obvious use. The jersey is legit. I talked to Bob Case at length back in 1997, and was very satisifed.

Tony

The signature is definately from 1992. It's also possible that Juan didn't wear that jersey but for that game, hence why no obvious game use.

personally, i can see some wash wear on the russell tag. what i do have some trouble believing is bob case's statement that this is "the jersey he wore on the road all of 92". case seems to be saying that gonzalez wore 1 road jersey for all of 1992 and this one is it. gonzalez played in 155 games in 1992. a little far fetched. but a nice jersey nonetheless.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    personally, i can see some wash wear on the russell tag. what i do have some trouble believing is bob case's statement that this is "the jersey he wore on the road all of 92". case seems to be saying that gonzalez wore 1 road jersey for all of 1992 and this one is it. gonzalez played in 155 games in 1992. a little far fetched. but a nice jersey nonetheless.

rudy.
    Rudy,

I agree with your statement. If worn on the road all of 92, it would definately show some obvious use.

Banned

fair enough

thanks Tony & rudy