Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what are they attempting to pull here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mark-McGuire-Car...3A3%7C294%3A50

I don't know about the signature as i am not a autograph wiz when it comes to big mac, but being signed on a "custom" bat they had 1982 St Louis Cardinals burned into ? i mean come on ......

Re: what are they attempting to pull here?

dude, i don't know what you're trying to get at here? They started the auction at .99 cents so I don't think there trying to fool anybody with what their selling. It doesn't say "Game Used" anywhere and it's not listed under the game used section so I don't see what the problem is?

Wow, that is the strangest "Louisville Slugger Bat" I have ever seen....
    www.FriendsOfCFF.com
    Visit our Mariner Museum.
    Make a difference, help find a cure!

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is the meaning of success
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.SeattleMarinersRBI.com
    Seattle Mariners Real Baseball Involvement
    A new day, a new way....working with the M's to improve the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi46 View Post
    dude, i don't know what you're trying to get at here? They started the auction at .99 cents so I don't think there trying to fool anybody with what their selling. It doesn't say "Game Used" anywhere and it's not listed under the game used section so I don't see what the problem is?
    What does game used have to do with anything i posted this under the auction forum and the problem with it is Mark Mcgwire (< proper spellnig of his name as it is not in the auction) never played for a major league team in 1982 let alone the cardinals who of gods green earth would have gotten this bat signed like this ? its just plain ignorant .

I don't think it's that weird to get a Cardinals commemorative bat signed by one of the most popular Cardinals ever....

Quote Originally Posted by treant985 View Post
    I don't think it's that weird to get a Cardinals commemorative bat signed by one of the most popular Cardinals ever....

1982 though? i mean he never could of imagined he was going to play for the cards in 1982 .......

I can see Ryant7's point. What is the connection between the 82 Cardinals and Mark Mcgwire?

Maybe if this bat was signed by Darrell Porter, Bruce Sutter, Keith Hernandez or Ozzie Smith we may see a connection that made sense.

Also given the status of McGwire and the steroid allegations what Cardinal fan in their right mind would even say McGwire and 82 World Champion St. Louis Cardinals in the same breath?
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I dont think its odd at all. Quite simple really.....

Its a 1982 Com. bat that McGwire supposedly signed.

The person that got it signed had an old Cards bat on him, so he had it signed. Something is better than nothing.

Its not uncommon for people to get low end/odd items signed when they dont have a whole lot of resources, or happen to catch a player off guard.

Im not saying the auto is real, but its definitely not an uncommon practice. Not one that should really need its own thread.

Nate is absolutely right.

I came across this bat, and thought 'this is really stupid' - but to each his own. I have seen stranger things...I will tell you this, if I liked the autograph and it was under $20 in the last 5 seconds - it would be mine.

But...
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My same thoughts,"this is really stubid".But i also have seen people ask for stubid things to be signed,like a postcard of a mountain by steve avery(pitched for braves).And i was at a steelers super bowl reunion show in 1999,and as i was standing in line for jack lambert,my girlfriend came back to me and told me someone just asked him to sign a dog coller.To me,.this is a waste of a good bat,as it would be worth more,if let's say,someone from that team signed it,but like big truck says-to each his own,
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Nate is absolutely right.

I came across this bat, and thought 'this is really stupid' - but to each his own. I have seen stranger things...I will tell you this, if I liked the autograph and it was under $20 in the last 5 seconds - it would be mine.

But...