Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: eBay Has Gone To Hell In A Hand Basket!!!

I will even throw in my buyer terms and conditions.......

PAYMENTS:
    Ø PLEASE SEE LISTING DETAILS FOR ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS
    Ø All payments must be made within 7 days from the end of the listing.
    Ø If your payment is not received in 7 days we will open a UNPAID ITEM STRIKE against you, and report you to eBay IMMEDIATELY.

SHIPPING & HANDLING:
    Ø All postage costs will be calculated based on your zip code.
    Ø We charge $1.00 handling fee for up to 2 lbs. and .75c for each additional lb.
    Ø International fees are doubled.
    ØInsurance is optional, but recommended.
    Ø WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR DAMAGED ITEMS IF YOU CHOSE NOT TO INSURE YOUR ITEM.

RETURN POLICY:
    Ø We offer a no hassle, no questions asked, money back guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not 100% satisfied with your item, you may return it for up to 7 days. Simply e-mail us and let us know that you will be returning your item. Please be sure to include the item number from the listing. Once the item arrives back to us in its original condition, we will then contact you in regards to your refund.

BIDDING POLICY:
    Ø If you cannot accept our terms & conditions – DO NOT BID!
    Ø If you have a feedback rating of 5 or less, OR, you have a feedback score of 95% or less, you must contact us before you bid.
    Ø If you do not contact us first, your bids will be removed & you will be blocked from our auctions.
    Ø If you have 2 UNPAID ITEM STRIKES in the past 12 months, you will be blocked from our auctions.
    ØIf you have had 4 or more POLICY VIOLATIONS in the past 6 months, you will be blocked from our auctions.

FEEDBACK POLICY:
    Ø If you have any problems, what so ever with your item, please contact us before you post feedback. We are here to work with you and your satisfaction is our guarantee.
    Ø Once you have posted feedback for us, we will kindly do so for you.

I generally offer free Priority Shipping with delivery confirmation. Express is available at the buyers expense. I have no hidden fees, or anything else of that nature. This is the same wording that I have used on all my listings since day one.

This is pure BULLSHIT they are pulling!

Trust and Safety handles items that are not licensed. The NFL has people watching ebay as do other companies such as Coach, Harley Davidson, Monster, RockStar, etc. If you are selling any items that even look like they are not licensed, they whack the listing. If you relist the items, they suspend your account. If you have other accounts under the same household, - like your wife's account, they suspend those too.

Obviously Reebok has not released that jersey to the small dealers for the public yet. It has probably for sale through NFL.com as well as the Bears pro shop, so when you listed them, WHACK, they know or assume that they are pirated - unlicensed and that you applied the numbers, etc yourself. That is why the Forte did not get whacked. Same thing if you were to list Stafford Detroit jerseys.

Now your account is red flagged, and once you are reinstated, if you stray from the straight and narrow path - WHAM - you are gone.

Speaking from experience. I feel for you with the money that is out there on your jerseys. Wait a couple months, and after you can buy them in every Foot Locker in the Country, then you can relist and get rid of them. You won't make a fortune on them like you could now, but you will eventually get rid of them.

Maybe they don't like that you charge a "handling fee"?? I don't know, I've never added one. Other than that, I really can't find anything that jumps out.

I had a bunch of mine cancelled once, I was selling a pile of signed Negro League baseballs, and I had put at the bottom "I'm always looking to buy or trade for players I do not have." They took that as some sort of scam to get around paying, so they cancelled me. It stunk, but they told me exactly what was wrong and I had no problems posting again with that sentence removed.

I'm sure you've made mistakes before, but to not tell you what the mistake was is terrible!!

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

I see that Helmets replied same time as me, he makes sense.

Ken

....and I must say to the moderators;

I AM IN NO WAY OFFERING THESE ITEMS FOR SALE TO FORUM MEMBERS.
    I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THAT THESE ITEMS ARE FOR SALE.
    I AM IN NO WAY LOOKING TO GAIN RECOGNITION FOR ANY OF MY LISTINGS AT ANY AUCTION INSTITUTE.
    I AM IN NO WAY DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION OTHER THAN WHAT IS RELEVANT TO THIS TOPIC.

I AM ONLY POSTING MY VERBAGE FOR REFERENCE TO MY ORIGINAL POST WHICH IS WHY I AM BEING SUSPENDED & VIOLATING EBAY POLICIES.

FORUM MEMBERS HAD QUESTIONED MY WORDING SO I POSTED IT VERBATUM TO GAIN AN OPINION.

THAT IS ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    Trust and Safety handles items that are not licensed. The NFL has people watching ebay as do other companies such as Coach, Harley Davidson, Monster, RockStar, etc. If you are selling any items that even look like they are not licensed, they whack the listing. If you relist the items, they suspend your account. If you have other accounts under the same household, - like your wife's account, they suspend those too.

Obviously Reebok has not released that jersey to the small dealers for the public yet. It has probably for sale through NFL.com as well as the Bears pro shop, so when you listed them, WHACK, they know or assume that they are pirated - unlicensed and that you applied the numbers, etc yourself. That is why the Forte did not get whacked. Same thing if you were to list Stafford Detroit jerseys.

Now your account is red flagged, and once you are reinstated, if you stray from the straight and narrow path - WHAM - you are gone.

Speaking from experience. I feel for you with the money that is out there on your jerseys. Wait a couple months, and after you can buy them in every Foot Locker in the Country, then you can relist and get rid of them. You won't make a fortune on them like you could now, but you will eventually get rid of them.
    But these are not 'PIRATED' & I did not do anything to them. These are shipped to me directly from Reebok, as per my order.

I have the receipt from Reebok. Every one of these jerseys has the Officially liscensed holograms. Every one of these jerseys has the original Reebok retail tags, etc.

I mean, WTF? why would Reebok accept my order, make the jerseys, ship them, etc. if they are not allowed for resale?

Banned

I personally do not give any buyers the option to purchase insurance. I charge enough in shipping to cover insurance and the requirement of a signature for delivery.

Even if it is less then a hundred, I get a signature and tracking every time.

If what I charge doesn't cover it, I pay the extra.

Spending a few extra dollars is better then getting ripped off for the item, for the money, and a negative.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the way eBay operates now, I gave up caring last year when I was ridiculed for promoting the worldwide boycott, in regard to the announced rules changes that a lot of people complain about now.

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    .....took that as some sort of scam to get around paying, so they cancelled me. It stunk, but they told me exactly what was wrong and I had no problems posting again with that sentence removed.

I'm sure you've made mistakes before, but to not tell you what the mistake was is terrible!!

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
    I would like to know what makes this instance so significant that they cannot tell me what I violated.

If they had a problem with me adding shipping & handling charges, then they would have a section in your listing where you can add those charges. I don't think that is why....

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    Obviously Reebok has not released that jersey to the small dealers for the public yet.
    By no means am I a 'DEALER.' I'm just a smuck with a big pocket and good contacts....

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    By no means am I a 'DEALER.' I'm just a smuck with a big pocket and good contacts....

What? Didnt you buy 40 jerseys for resale, to make profit? Isnt that a dealer?

Either way, people complain about Ebay all the time. The fees suck, the policies arent all that great, and the search engine blows. But I think all of us would agree when I say that we have gotten some pretty sweet deals on Ebay.

Lets bash on it all we want, but Im going to bet you bid on 3 things tonight and list 4 things next week.

You can complain all you want about Ebay. If someone can come up with something better right now, please, enlighten us.

And it sucks the most as a seller I know, but no one is forcing you to sell your item to millions of people in the world. Sheesh, Id say thats better than your neighborhood garage sale.

I know you're pissed about your jerseys, which I understand, but its not Ebay's fault you bought 40 jerseys before you knew how to sell them. Couldnt sell them, and its Ebays fault because you are supposedly breaking rules? Maybe you should have started with buying just 5? I dunno, just a thought.