Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Re: Let's See Your Game Used Fielding Gloves

There are some of my 'pro gloves' OBVIOUSLY the title is game worn and some of these dont fit that, but being game models they are kinda cool so I figured I'd share.
    The Mike Caruso, Scott Livingstone, Jason Grimsley, are gamers. As I'm more of a glove collector, these are very RARE models. Honestly, more often than not - a cheaper way to acquire a HTF model is picking up someones gamer. Names generally tend to decrease the value to glove collectors.
    The RV23 is what ARod uses/used AFTER the 6hf and outside of a different version sold at 1 retail outlet - that glove is available through the PRO DEPT only sadly as its my favorite model.
    The McGwire was my grail. You can see the differences in this one and the retail autographed one. This was not used, but someone doctored it to make it appear that way. Usually there is a dot after the name and this one was picked out. Bob made some EXACT copies(essentially proissued) of players gamers for display at outlet stores and this one must have walked away from there. Thing is AMAZING!! The anchor in the pocket is pretty cool, its horween inside and out, no date code and a full inch bigger than the retail ones. It took me FOREVER to find it and im happy i did.
    The 6HF's are another favorite pattern. Rawlings originally discontinued the pattern in the early 00s due to low sales. Everyone and their brother used one during the 80's and the 90s but now that nostalgia is kicking in they are impossible to find and the last used one sold for just below $400. 1 is the Q arod UD one, another is a Ripken auto version and are essentially pro issued. Something to think about for you glove collectors... say you find a used 6hf of some scrub. Maybe itd usually be a hundred dollar glove. If its a model like that, the value is in the rare model rather than the fact it was game worn. Kinda neat stuff!!!

Nice collection!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Thanks man!! This was just a sample of some of my gloves, but all these were either issued, used, or pro model. I LOVE this thread. There are some really sweet gloves in the preceeding pages and it was a lot of fun to check em all out. My favorites, the Caminiti and Ryno, both with VERY early versions of the gold labels mr clevenhagen started developing in 89. The Pujols was another favorite of mine as im partial to the ap5 pattern which was stamped on Pujols mitt during his time with rawlings. Its essentially the cmhc pattern with a different colorway. Obviously, im a fan of the mcgwire version- but its a pattern 1b pros have used since the 70s and Ive made a couple customs myself. Anyone have any other 80s or 90s Rawlings gems that havent graced these pages yet? Thanks again for sharing guys, its been a blast to look through!!!

I thought I would bump this thread up since I have a game used glove of new Hall of Famer Edgar Martinez..

Here is another glove that i picked up a few years ago..
    He grew up where I lived and when he was drafted his dad came into the card shop I went to and was looking for his rookie cards.
    I drove home grabbed a few and drove back and gave them to him.. This came into the card shop right before I moved down here to So Cal and the owner offered it to me.. :-)

Name:  lester1.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  100.5 KB Name:  lester.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  lester.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  47.3 KB

Here is another glove I have that I picked up from Jay Buhner's brother.. When Griffey got hurt and was rehabbing, the Mariners wouldn't let him play in the outfield so they stuck him at 1st base.. So it's never been used in a game, but a cool piece to have..

Name:  glove1.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  86.4 KB
    Name:  glove2.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  79.9 KB
    Name:  glove3.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  81.0 KB
    Name:  glove4.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  78.4 KB

Here are a few in my collection:

1938 Spud Chandler Game Used Glove

Name:  Spud Chandler.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  86.8 KB

1977 Mike Torrez ( Big Bear ) Game Used Glove

Name:  Mike Torrez Game Used Glove.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  91.9 KB

1969 JC Martin Game Used Glove - photo matched to 1970 Topps Card

Name:  Martin.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  73.8 KB

1990 Kirby Puckett Signed Game Used Glove

Here’s a Kirby Puckett signed game used glove currently at Goldin Auctions. Hard to find one signed if at all.

https://goldinauctions.com/LotDetail...entoryid=53600
    Attached Images Attached Images