Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 103 MPH College Pitcher!

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post

Growing up in Maryland, I remember all too well the legend of Ben McDonald who was a can't miss power pitcher............
    Andrew, Ben McDonald was quite the stud pitcher with LSU but not so much with the Orioles

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by stkmtimo View Post
    Andrew, Ben McDonald was quite the stud pitcher with LSU but not so much with the Orioles

Tim
    Tim - Exactly my point!!! I am not saying the same will happen with Strasburg, but Big Ben was hyped the same.

Then you have Mark Prior who signed the largest Draftee signing bonus and where is he now?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Tim - Exactly my point!!! I am not saying the same will happen with Strasburg, but Big Ben was hyped the same.

Then you have Mark Prior who signed the largest Draftee signing bonus and where is he now?
    Let's not forget Phil Hughes hyped up to be the biggest phenom in years. Well we can put that one to bed.

I forgot his name there was another Yankees prospect pitcher some yaars back who was hyped up to be the biggest thing ever to baseball, a AROD of pitchers if you will, he got into one bar fight ruined his arm and never heard from him again.

Guys check out this link!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...0-years#page/1

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Let's not forget Phil Hughes hyped up to be the biggest phenom in years. Well we can put that one to bed.

I forgot his name there was another Yankees prospect pitcher some yaars back who was hyped up to be the biggest thing ever to baseball, a AROD of pitchers if you will, he got into one bar fight ruined his arm and never heard from him again.

I think his name was Brien Taylor???

I don't think you can label Hughes a bust yet. He is still very young, I think he was just rushed into a Yankees lineup with all the preasure of the world on his shoulders. I do not think Ian Kennedy will make it though.

Stephen Strasburg Update---

Through yesterday's game (May 1) here are his season stats:
    W-10 L-0 , 1.38 ERA, 78 1/3 Innings, 48 hits, 13 Runs (12 earned), AND 15 Walks , 147 Strikeouts.

No real mystery why he is packing them in, even on the road --- Capacity crowd of 1,496 at Santa Clara yesterday -- a 5-0 San Diego State win.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Yesterday, in Strasberg's final regular season home game at San Diego State, a nearly 3,400 capacity crowd jammed Tony Gwynn Stadium and saw him throw a complete game no-hitter, striking out 17 (including striking out the side in the 9th) and walking only 2 in a 5-0 win over Air Force Academy.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori...r-seals-his-l/

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Too good to be true for the mighty Nats, trying to think what could go wrong. Injury in his big league debut ??? Guess that is assuming they get him signed.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

he was taken first overall an hour ago.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.