Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cost of Meigray photo matching??

Does anyone know the cost of photo matching with Meigray? I cant seem to find it on ther site.
    Thanks Scott

Banned

Re: Cost of Meigray photo matching??

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=static/Newsroom.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=800437&scId=6991&pag e=newsitem&catParentID=$catParentID

Banned

In the news and at the forefront of jersey collecting.
    November 17, 2005

MeiGray Group Announces Authenticating
    Agreement with Getty Images

BRANCHBURG, NEW JERSEY _ MeiGray Group, the game-worn jersey company that directs the NHL-MGG Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program, has entered into a working agreement with Getty Images that will enable game-worn jersey collectors to acquire enhanced photographic letters of authentication.

Under the new working agreement with the world’s pre-eminent sports photography studio, MeiGray has been authorized to download dated game-worn jersey images that conclusively authenticate game-worn jerseys sold by MeiGray under its MGG and MeiGray Vintage labels, and for the NHL-MGG Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program.

“We know collectors love the Getty Images, but have been unable to purchase them individually,” said MGG President Barry Meisel. “Now, through this arrangement, they can.”

These enhanced photographic LOAs will be printed on high-quality 8 X 10 photo-paper stock. They will conclusively “photo-match” the jersey purchased and will include the NHL-MGG Authentication Program number, the date of the photo, and the location from which it was taken.

Collectors who pre-order NHL-MGG jerseys can also pre-order the enhanced photographic LOAs at that time by calling MeiGray toll-free at 888-463-4472. Collectors who have purchased game-worn jerseys in the past can also order enhanced photographic LOAs, where available.

The enhanced photographic letters of authenticity are priced as follows:
    • $35 for jerseys with a retail price of $495 or less.
    • $50 for jerseys with a retail price of $695 or less.
    • $75 for jerseys with a retail price of $2,495 or less.
    • $100 for jerseys with a retail price of $2,500 or more that are already registered into the NHL-MGG Game-Worn Authenticaton Program or MeiGrade Registration System.
    For jerseys not purchased from MeiGray that need to be Authenticated, this initial pricing tier applies to jerseys priced $1,000 or more:
    • $100 for jerseys valued up to $1,495
    • $150 for jerseys valued up to $2,495
    • $200 for jerseys valued up to $3,995
    • $250 and up for jerseys valued $4,000 and higher, depending upon the hours of research necessary to authenticate the jersey.

Thanks for the post Lokee!! Do you know if they do the same for bat?

Why not just buy the image yourself... then you actually have a high-res version of it...
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Bert,
    I was hoping that meigray would be able to have acsses to more photos. I couldn't find a picture from the game I'm looking for. Also how do you purchase from getty?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    Why not just buy the image yourself... then you actually have a high-res version of it...
    Have you ever tried to buy a photo from Getty? If and when you can get a hold of them they will tell you a couple hundred dollars for a photo and then ask you if you are a professional photographer with a license of some sort in order to buy.

If you have a had a different scenario and are able to purchase for less of a price, please contact me ASAP at swampy1220 at yahoo dot com

email sent
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

I have the same problem if you know how to purchase at reasonable price!

SHOREMEN, I am also interested in purchasing a Getty image. Please email me your purchasing info to tje42404@insightbb.com

Thanks
    Todd