Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Terrell Owens Gamer On eBay...What a Joke

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I have a question that I would like answered.

Is it possible that the extra length is not a reason for concern but that the sleeves are linemen cut sleeves and that should be more of a concern?

The seller still needs to be contacted but I am pretty sure there are issues with the sleeves that no one has mentioned.
    Good catch (yes I can give credit where credit is due, Joel).

That jersey bears the characteristics of the TYPICAL NFL Auctions sold pro-cut for a skill position player, although size and added length vary on their sold items. I'm looking at the Gates I won last week, and the only real diff appears to be the size (44 versus 48) and the amount of added length (6" versus 4").

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Good catch (yes I can give credit where credit is due, Joel).

That jersey bears the characteristics of the TYPICAL NFL Auctions sold pro-cut for a skill position player, although size and added length vary on their sold items. I'm looking at the Gates I won last week, and the only real diff appears to be the size (44 versus 48) and the amount of added length (6" versus 4").
    Sorry, I meant to say lineman cut confirming Joel's comment, the 'L' in the neck tag would confirm that (as I was reminded the other day during a mental lapse in another thread).

Banned

BTW, I DID email these concerns to the seller via ebay's message system.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    Whatever you say. I am done with this thread. I try to educate people and some of you simply will not listen. Tell you what...buy the jersey. Bid till it hurts. From now on I will keep my evidence and knowledge to myself.
    Dr Loomis -

Sorry if you got your feelings hurt by my comment or that of jondris

Quote Originally Posted by jondris
    All due respect your info is obviously NOT confidential .....
    I wonder how many others have your so called information
    But the statements you made are pretty bold and in MY Opinion could get your 'friend' in a LOT of hot water if anyone from Ripon saw this thread:

I will tell you how I can PROVE it. I know an employee of Ripon PERSONALLY. I have access to what teams actually order for the players to wear on the field. I know exactly...spec for spec...what was ordered for T.O.. Thats how I know. If you want to but that bad jersey then please spend on.
    However, when it comes to jerseys made by Ripon, I have DIRECT confidential info on EXACTLY what teams order. You can not get more expert info than that.

That is ALL that jondris and myself were questioning.

In a nutshell, you claim that your 'friend' is the EMPLOYEE, but YOU have DIRECT ACCESS to CONFIDENTIAL Company Info.

ALL that I was questioning is either you or your friend putting his job into jeopardy if he is allowing you to see - or giving you so called CONFIDENTIAL (again, YOUR term) information.

As far as the jersey - or T.O. for that matter - I could care less. I only collect baseball, but I read the other forums just to see what's going on in the hobby with the auction houses and auction sites when items are called into question.

- Chris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Dr Loomis -

Sorry if you got your feelings hurt by my comment or that of jondris

But the statements you made are pretty bold and in MY Opinion could get your 'friend' in a LOT of hot water if anyone from Ripon saw this thread:

That is ALL that jondris and myself were questioning.

In a nutshell, you claim that your 'friend' is the EMPLOYEE, but YOU have DIRECT ACCESS to CONFIDENTIAL Company Info.

ALL that I was questioning is either you or your friend putting his job into jeopardy if he is allowing you to see - or giving you so called CONFIDENTIAL (again, YOUR term) information.

As far as the jersey - or T.O. for that matter - I could care less. I only collect baseball, but I read the other forums just to see what's going on in the hobby with the auction houses and auction sites when items are called into question.

- Chris
    Chris - Doogie Howser has all sorts of inside information.

Just to let everyone know, I have had correspondence with the seller, and he seems to be very honest and forthcoming. The jersey came from Hunt Auctions, and I personally have dealt with them many times in the past with great results. I have even consigned in the past with their company. Bob also will stand behind the jersey with 100% refund if you choose to have the jersey authenticated by a reputable source. While I feel the forum is an important resource and a great source of information, we must refrain from a rush to judgement until there is strong documentation to a shirt being problematic. Just for arguement sake, who is to say the shirt was'nt a special request by the player, and used only for a short period of time. Im not saying to rush to bid on it....just something to think about. Skip

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrelics View Post
    Just to let everyone know, I have had correspondence with the seller, and he seems to be very honest and forthcoming. The jersey came from Hunt Auctions, and I personally have dealt with them many times in the past with great results. I have even consigned in the past with their company. Bob also will stand behind the jersey with 100% refund if you choose to have the jersey authenticated by a reputable source. While I feel the forum is an important resource and a great source of information, we must refrain from a rush to judgement until there is strong documentation to a shirt being problematic. Just for arguement sake, who is to say the shirt was'nt a special request by the player, and used only for a short period of time. Im not saying to rush to bid on it....just something to think about. Skip
    There really isn't a plausible explanation for a WR to wear a lineman's jersey in a game that I can think of, and certainly no photo evidence of this remarkable oddity has been uncovered.

I have yet to hear from selller myself.

For what its worth (T.O. could have gained weight), I own a legit T.O. Cowboys gamer (Prova/Steiner) and it's a size 46. Anyone know for sure if he wore a 44 as an Eagle?

Banned

I can only ask this.

Has ANY board member EVER seen a WR game used jersey tagged 'L' in the collar - denoting a lineman's jersey?

Please also remember TO has been one of the most visible, highly photographed players during his NFL tenure. Don't you think there'd be a pic on Getty SOMEWHERE showing him with these stock pro-cut shortened sleeves?

Here is a link to the Hunt Auction...sold for a whopping $400 !

http://www.huntauctions.com/online/i...m=401&lot_qual=