X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suicide_squeeze
    • Dec 2008

Re: Terrell Owens Gamer On eBay...What a Joke

b.heagy,

The most obvious and glaring difference, and basically the exclamation point on this whole thread, is the space between the numeral "1" on the front of the jersey, and the manufacturers tag on the lower left of the front under the "1".

Look at Terrell in the picture....The jersey he is wearing has roughly the heighth of the numeral "1" between the bottom of the "1" and the tag, which you can clearly see untucked above his pants line.

The jersey in question has the equivalent of two "1"'s between the bottom of the "1" on the front of the jersey, and the Manu's tag.

Besides that, pick your poison...I see a few other minor differences (the arch of the "eagles" small patch above the number, the placement of the "NFL" shield, to name two)....

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
      • Dec 2008

.....also, the sleeves are at least 2-3" shorter on the extra 6" jersey.....Look at the distance of the Reebok logo next to the "8" at the top left sleeve (upper right as you look at the picture)....and see how close the eagle patch is below the Reebok logo?......very tight in proximity.

The jersey that Terrell is wearing has more distance between the numeral on his shoulder, and the Reebok logo and eagle patch.

As explained earlier, that's a typical lineman cut.....no sleeves from the armpit.

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
        • Dec 2008

Taking the last post one step further....look how close the numbers on the shoulders are to the dark neckline.

The numbers on the jersey Terrell is wearing have more distance between the neckline and the start of the numbers. That's obviously because there is more sleeve on the receiver jersey, so it's not necessary to jam the numerals, the Reebok logo, and the eagles patch in a smaller area like on the super-long lineman's cut jersey.

Comment

• b.heagy
          • May 2006

Originally posted by suicide_squeeze
          b.heagy,

The most obvious and glaring difference, and basically the exclamation point on this whole thread, is the space between the numeral "1" on the front of the jersey, and the manufacturers tag on the lower left of the front under the "1".

Look at Terrell in the picture....The jersey he is wearing has roughly the heighth of the numeral "1" between the bottom of the "1" and the tag, which you can clearly see untucked above his pants line.

The jersey in question has the equivalent of two "1"'s between the bottom of the "1" on the front of the jersey, and the Manu's tag.

Besides that, pick your poison...I see a few other minor differences (the arch of the "eagles" small patch above the number, the placement of the "NFL" shield, to name two)....

Thanks for taking the time to post. I can see the difference with the photos side by side now. Excellent information. Always good to learn something new.
          Bill Heagy
          heagysports.com
          Go Phillies !

Comment

• mvandor
            Banned
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by suicide_squeeze
            Are you really telling me you thought I was being serious?

(I guess some here need it by the numbers.)

IT WAS A JOKE. I thought you would have picked up on it from my last post, but instead, you're now directing me to drink and drive.

You may not play "2face", but when you make a comment about Grey Flannel "not" selling a jersey like this one, then you're not paying attention.

One day we'll be talking about someone's grandmother's undies being described and auctioned off as Steve Garvey's sliding shorts......"with no alterations of any kind"....

Welcome to the forum, NFLJerseyCollector.
            Read the whole thread, this guy has some type of personality disorder. He seems unable to post sans the abrasive pomposity.

Comment

Working...