Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoctorLoomis
    • Nov 2007

Terrell Owens Gamer On eBay...What a Joke

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-TERRELL-OWENS-GAME-WORN-EAGLES-FOOTBALL-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ250407913399QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVin tage_Sports_Memorabilia?hash=item250407913399&_trk sid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A4|65%3A1 2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A200

Terrell Owens has never, in the history of the NFL, ever worn a jersey with 6 inches of added length. I have posted photos from the 2004 season. Let the impeachment process begin........

Where do these crooks come from? By the way...the owner states the jersey was authenticated by a major auction house. I wonder who????
    Attached Files
    ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.
  • b.heagy
    • May 2006

Re: Terrell Owens Gamer On eBay...What a Joke

What did Bob say when you brought this item to his attention? He states he will give the name of the auction house upon request. He is a reputable dealer and stand up guy.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Comment

• trsent
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Someone called Bob a crook because they have a jersey that they don't like?

Funny - I assume the questioner asked in advance questions about the jersey and the seller would have answered. Isn't there a policy about this?

Comment

• trsent
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by DoctorLoomis
        http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-TERRELL-OWENS-GAME-WORN-EAGLES-FOOTBALL-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ250407913399QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVin tage_Sports_Memorabilia?hash=item250407913399&_trk sid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A4|65%3A1 2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A200

Terrell Owens has never, in the history of the NFL, ever worn a jersey with 6 inches of added length. I have posted photos from the 2004 season. Let the impeachment process begin........

Where do these crooks come from? By the way...the owner states the jersey was authenticated by a major auction house. I wonder who????
        Doogie, just wondering, how do you know, for a fact, that TO never wore a jersey with six inches of extra length? What was the process you used to discover this fact?

A couple of Getty images photos doesn't prove anything - Do you have proof beyond a doubt? What did the seller say when you asked them about this?

Why do you think the seller is a "crook"? What did they do or say to deserve that title? Do you believe they are selling a bad jersey intentionally to defraud someone? What is your thought process to call someone a criminal who may be confused about what is genuine since they state they bought it from what they must feel to be a reputable auction house?

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
          • Dec 2008

It all comes down to what "game-used" means....

I believe that was Terrell Owens nightgown.....hence the extra length to cover the "privates" from guests view at his famous slumber parties....

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by suicide_squeeze
            It all comes down to what "game-used" means....

I believe that was Terrell Owens nightgown.....hence the extra length to cover the "privates" from guests view at his famous slumber parties....

....never had a problem making me laugh. I was going to comment on the 'dress' earlier, but I let it ride.

Thanks for the laugh!

Now to what LOOMIS said about this seller, and his item. I think that people should take caution with their choice of words before unloading their opinions, especially w/o the proper info!

LOOMIS, you could have used 100 different variations to express your thoughts. 'CROOK', 'Let the impeachment process begin', and words such as that are not the best choice.

TRSENT & B.HEAVY have it right.

I am very interested in how you are able to prove, without a reasonable doubt, that this seller is a 'crook' and that TO 'has never, in the history of the NFL, ever worn a jersey with 6 inches of added length'

I think that you owe it to the us and the seller for your EXPLICIT accusations.

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
              • Nov 2007

I will tell you how I can PROVE it. I know an employee of Ripon PERSONALLY. I have access to what teams actually order for the players to wear on the field. I know exactly...spec for spec...what was ordered for T.O.. Thats how I know. If you want to but that bad jersey then please spend on.
              ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
                • Nov 2007

By the way I do apolgize for the "crook" comment. I simply have seen so many bad items on eBay that are obviously meant to defraud innocent buyers. I should not have said that about this seller.

However, when it comes to jerseys made by Ripon, I have DIRECT confidential info on EXACTLY what teams order. You can not get more expert info than that.

Comment

• b.heagy
                  • May 2006

By the way I do apolgize for the "crook" comment. I simply have seen so many bad items on eBay that are obviously meant to defraud innocent buyers. I should not have said that about this seller.

However, when it comes to jerseys made by Ripon, I have DIRECT confidential info on EXACTLY what teams order. You can not get more expert info than that.
                  Always good to have a reputable source like that. Have you emailed Bob with your concerns? I am sure he will pull the auction or place an amendum to the description. Thanks for the heads up on the jersey.
                  Bill Heagy
                  heagysports.com
                  Go Phillies !

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
                    • Nov 2007

I have never met Bob and once again I apologize for my comment. I simply got frustrated at what I assumed was another disingenuous seller. I shall use more restraint in the future.

Comment

• b.heagy
                      • May 2006

I would make him aware of your concerns. I know he will do the right thing.
                      Bill Heagy
                      heagysports.com
                      Go Phillies !

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
                        • Nov 2007

I am curious who the auction house was and who the authenticator was? I suppose Lou.........

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                          • Dec 2008

I have never met Bob and once again I apologize for my comment. I simply got frustrated at what I assumed was another disingenuous seller. I shall use more restraint in the future.

Doc,

Take it from me, partner......We all have regrets from a posting we may have made at ONE point or another.....

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by b.heagy
                            Always good to have a reputable source like that. Have you emailed Bob with your concerns? I am sure he will pull the auction or place an amendum to the description. Thanks for the heads up on the jersey.
                            Is bthoven14 (ebay user name) a forum member? Some of you here seem to know of him.....just curious, because I've never had any dealing with him.....

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

• b.heagy
                              • May 2006

Not a member as far as I know. Very reputable dealer, Bob McCann. Does alot of advertising in various publications and has weekly ebay auctions. Mainly a vintage memorabilia dealer but has branched out into a few newer items as of late. I have dealt with Bob on many occasions in person, always a pleasure.
                              Bill Heagy
                              heagysports.com
                              Go Phillies !

Comment

Working...