Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Terrell Owens Gamer On eBay...What a Joke

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-TERRELL-OWENS-GAME-WORN-EAGLES-FOOTBALL-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ250407913399QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVin tage_Sports_Memorabilia?hash=item250407913399&_trk sid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A4|65%3A1 2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A200

Terrell Owens has never, in the history of the NFL, ever worn a jersey with 6 inches of added length. I have posted photos from the 2004 season. Let the impeachment process begin........

Where do these crooks come from? By the way...the owner states the jersey was authenticated by a major auction house. I wonder who????
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Terrell Owens Gamer On eBay...What a Joke

What did Bob say when you brought this item to his attention? He states he will give the name of the auction house upon request. He is a reputable dealer and stand up guy.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Banned

Someone called Bob a crook because they have a jersey that they don't like?

Funny - I assume the questioner asked in advance questions about the jersey and the seller would have answered. Isn't there a policy about this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-TERRELL-OWENS-GAME-WORN-EAGLES-FOOTBALL-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ250407913399QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVin tage_Sports_Memorabilia?hash=item250407913399&_trk sid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A4|65%3A1 2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A200

Terrell Owens has never, in the history of the NFL, ever worn a jersey with 6 inches of added length. I have posted photos from the 2004 season. Let the impeachment process begin........

Where do these crooks come from? By the way...the owner states the jersey was authenticated by a major auction house. I wonder who????
    Doogie, just wondering, how do you know, for a fact, that TO never wore a jersey with six inches of extra length? What was the process you used to discover this fact?

A couple of Getty images photos doesn't prove anything - Do you have proof beyond a doubt? What did the seller say when you asked them about this?

Why do you think the seller is a "crook"? What did they do or say to deserve that title? Do you believe they are selling a bad jersey intentionally to defraud someone? What is your thought process to call someone a criminal who may be confused about what is genuine since they state they bought it from what they must feel to be a reputable auction house?

It all comes down to what "game-used" means....

I believe that was Terrell Owens nightgown.....hence the extra length to cover the "privates" from guests view at his famous slumber parties....

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    It all comes down to what "game-used" means....

I believe that was Terrell Owens nightgown.....hence the extra length to cover the "privates" from guests view at his famous slumber parties....

....never had a problem making me laugh. I was going to comment on the 'dress' earlier, but I let it ride.

Thanks for the laugh!

Now to what LOOMIS said about this seller, and his item. I think that people should take caution with their choice of words before unloading their opinions, especially w/o the proper info!

LOOMIS, you could have used 100 different variations to express your thoughts. 'CROOK', 'Let the impeachment process begin', and words such as that are not the best choice.

TRSENT & B.HEAVY have it right.

I am very interested in how you are able to prove, without a reasonable doubt, that this seller is a 'crook' and that TO 'has never, in the history of the NFL, ever worn a jersey with 6 inches of added length'

I think that you owe it to the us and the seller for your EXPLICIT accusations.

I will tell you how I can PROVE it. I know an employee of Ripon PERSONALLY. I have access to what teams actually order for the players to wear on the field. I know exactly...spec for spec...what was ordered for T.O.. Thats how I know. If you want to but that bad jersey then please spend on.

By the way I do apolgize for the "crook" comment. I simply have seen so many bad items on eBay that are obviously meant to defraud innocent buyers. I should not have said that about this seller.

However, when it comes to jerseys made by Ripon, I have DIRECT confidential info on EXACTLY what teams order. You can not get more expert info than that.

Just to let everyone know, I have had correspondence with the seller, and he seems to be very honest and forthcoming. The jersey came from Hunt Auctions, and I personally have dealt with them many times in the past with great results. I have even consigned in the past with their company. Bob also will stand behind the jersey with 100% refund if you choose to have the jersey authenticated by a reputable source. While I feel the forum is an important resource and a great source of information, we must refrain from a rush to judgement until there is strong documentation to a shirt being problematic. Just for arguement sake, who is to say the shirt was'nt a special request by the player, and used only for a short period of time. Im not saying to rush to bid on it....just something to think about. Skip

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrelics View Post
    Just to let everyone know, I have had correspondence with the seller, and he seems to be very honest and forthcoming. The jersey came from Hunt Auctions, and I personally have dealt with them many times in the past with great results. I have even consigned in the past with their company. Bob also will stand behind the jersey with 100% refund if you choose to have the jersey authenticated by a reputable source. While I feel the forum is an important resource and a great source of information, we must refrain from a rush to judgement until there is strong documentation to a shirt being problematic. Just for arguement sake, who is to say the shirt was'nt a special request by the player, and used only for a short period of time. Im not saying to rush to bid on it....just something to think about. Skip
    There really isn't a plausible explanation for a WR to wear a lineman's jersey in a game that I can think of, and certainly no photo evidence of this remarkable oddity has been uncovered.

I have yet to hear from selller myself.