Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1979 Tour of Japan Jim Rice Game Used Bat

I obtained a Jim Rice 36" H&B label bat with the stamping 1979 Tour of Japan (or close to that) many years ago. Does anyone have any information about these bats? I have not seen much if anything about these. Thanks, Jim

Re: 1979 Tour of Japan Jim Rice Game Used Bat

Quote Originally Posted by jdduck View Post
    I obtained a Jim Rice 36" H&B label bat with the stamping 1979 Tour of Japan (or close to that) many years ago. Does anyone have any information about these bats? I have not seen much if anything about these. Thanks, Jim
    Please post photos.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jdduck View Post
    sounds like an interesting piece. i have a hard time finding stuff of tours to japan. looking for japan tours stuff from 1996 and 2004.

please post photos.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Not for sale but for reference. I have two Cordova Japan jerseys. Offhand without checking them, I think they are around 1992 when he was with Visalia Oaks.

Sorry to take so long to get these photos posted. It is a 36 inch bat, no markings on the knob. I have not seen any of these before, any information would be appreciated.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I know that soon after the 1979 Japan Tour, a few of these uncracked bats came into the collecting marketplace through an auction or sale in a sports collectors magazine. The bats were made available through Tony Migliaccio, who worked in equipment with the Brewers at that time as some kind of assistant, or his sister. I was told that Sully, the Brewers equipment manager, was the equipment manager from that tour. After the tour ended, Sully took some of the bats back to the USA with the intention of them getting back to the players. Of course, at least for a few of the bats, this did not happen. I have a Rod Carew bat with the same labeling still in my collection that came from that original ad, and at one time also had Willie Wilson. I cannot recall any of the other bats that were available.

Tom Duino

jdduck,

If you're ever interested in selling that Rice bat please let me know