Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Another Lampson Gem!

How about this gem from Lampson!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ken-Griffey-2001...1%7C240%3A1318

Not only is it void of the usual extra length tag found on Griffey gamers, but how about this for a description of the numbers, "Stitching on numbers is looser than factory norm suggesting possible local affixing"

Name:  griffey loa.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  17.5 KB

Add this to the other clasic "Lampsonisms"

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

Re: Another Lampson Gem!

Also interesting is that the seller notes, "I am forced to sell a few items from my personal collection. My loss is your gain"

I doubt Mitch will see a "loss" on this shirt that just sold in March 29th 2009 Vintage Authentics auction for $474.70 (which includes the buyers premium!).

Lot 38. Ken Griffey Jr 2001 Game Used Jersey GU7 $474.70

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Also interesting is that the seller notes, "I am forced to sell a few items from my personal collection. My loss is your gain"

I doubt Mitch will see a "loss" on this shirt that just sold in March 29th 2009 Vintage Authentics auction for $474.70 (which includes the buyers premium!).

Lot 38. Ken Griffey Jr 2001 Game Used Jersey GU7 $474.70

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net
    Howard, I am confused?

What is your point? You don't like that the seller bought this recently and now says they need to sell items? What is your point?

Oh by the way, did you email the seller, Vintage Authentics or Lou Lampson about your concerns with the letter? You mention issues that per forum rules must be asked prior to posting.

You say it is void of an extra length tag so did you email any of these three about your concerns before posting questions on here? Are you not familiar with the forum rules found in these links?

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=24611

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=12446

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Howard, I am confused?

What is your point? You don't like that the seller bought this recently and now says they need to sell items? What is your point?

Oh by the way, did you email the seller, Vintage Authentics or Lou Lampson about your concerns with the letter? You mention issues that per forum rules must be asked prior to posting.

You say it is void of an extra length tag so did you email any of these three about your concerns before posting questions on here? Are you not familiar with the forum rules found in these links?

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=24611

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=12446

Is it possible to attach audio to your posts? If so, I think we need to attach a siren to Joels. I'm sorry, but its getting old, what did the seller say?, did you email your concerns?, what did lou say?, and so on. If you don't like the job that the people that run this site are doing, let them know (which I know you have done several times). If you dont like their response or lack of response to the situation, dont visit the site anymore. I believe in rules too, but seriously man, let the mods do their job. Again, I'm sorry, but enough is enough!

-Chris

I'm sorry, but its getting old...
    Joel the troll, that's how he roll.

I'm with Joel on this one, seems like lately there have been too many "Sherlock Holmes" wanta-be's on here (no one in particular) calling out people and items for sale. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are 100% sure of what you are claiming, no room for opinions when trashing someone...having said that, as per "FORUM RULES" before trashing someone and or their items, CONTACT THEM FIRST. You may be surprised and get a valid explanation on why ... they may not know the problem with their item in which case you would have done your job in pointing it out and they would have the opportunity to address the issue. It may just be an honest person with no malicious intent unaware of the problem... Makes sense don't ya think? Administration is not always available right away to monitor as they have been very busy with their new ventures (Platinum marketing, Forum Store, etc) No problem in pointing out the rules. Just my humble opinion..

George

Banned

When Joel seriously asked if the poster tried to reach the unreachable Mr. Lampson, he pretty much undermined his point. I suggest if Joel feels a rule is being violated that he report the post involved to the actual mods instead of playing vigilante mod.

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    I'm with Joel on this one, seems like lately there have been too many "Sherlock Holmes" wanta-be's on here (no one in particular) calling out people and items for sale. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are 100% sure of what you are claiming, no room for opinions when trashing someone...having said that, as per "FORUM RULES" before trashing someone and or their items, CONTACT THEM FIRST. You may be surprised and get a valid explanation on why ... they may not know the problem with their item in which case you would have done your job in pointing it out and they would have the opportunity to address the issue. It may just be an honest person with no malicious intent unaware of the problem... Makes sense don't ya think? Administration is not always available right away to monitor as they have been very busy with their new ventures (Platinum marketing, Forum Store, etc) No problem in pointing out the rules. Just my humble opinion..

George
    Like I said, I'm all for the rule. I just dont think its Joesl job to enforce it. I believe if the poster doesnt include the response (or lack of after the mandatory time period), the post should be deleted and the poster suspended and then banned for repeat offenses.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    When Joel seriously asked if the poster tried to reach the unreachable Mr. Lampson, he pretty much undermined his point. I suggest if Joel feels a rule is being violated that he report the post involved to the actual mods instead of playing vigilante mod.
    what he said...

robert

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    I'm sure that Lampson or Vintage Authentics can be reached, if not sooner, later. But reachable or not, that is the protocol as established by the adminisrators of this forum, contact the people in question "before" you post....it's not a "feeling" Joel has, it's the rules.

George