Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Lou Lampson Question

Quote Originally Posted by buc View Post
    After a comment like that, maybe you should ban yourself. I've PERSONALLY had items that Mr. Lampson has turned down that I thought were real. As Joel said, he is giving his opinion. If you want more than an opinion, you can do your own homework.
    As a former Financial Advisor, I was ultimately always giving my opinion on investments unless of course it was related to factual issues such as setting up trusts, language in wills, college planning structure etc. However if the "opinion" can be construed as complete gross negligance which if you have read the countless horrific examples that Lou has been paid very well over the years to authenticate, and have later been proven completely erroneous, then Eric is spot on. If I would have done what Lou has done, I rightly should have been jailed. People work very hard for their money and if he can go to sleep at night not even trying but still collecting a check while people write checks for tens of thousands of dollars based on his so called expert work, it is a sad testament to this industry. That man should have been put out of business years ago and the people that continue to defend him obviously do not have a clue.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

There was a link to an eBay auction a few months ago. It was a St. Louis Blues
    practice jersey with a Lampson LOA. The jersey was a Sandow durene, size small, store bought that would have fit snuggly on a fifth grader. My opinion is someone paid money for L.L.'s opinion. The jersey was not a fake that was doctored to be a legitimate Blues practice jersey. It was a kid's retail jersey that looked exactly like a kid's retail jersey.
    Lampson may very well be a nice guy. However, being a nice guy doesn't pay the rent.
    Lampson's "opinions" are messing it up for everyone else's "facts".
    If Lampson wrote complimentary letters of opinion, without a charge, it would still be a rip-off.

The following is a very short documentary that was shot by a concerned forum member and edited by the production crew at both-teams-played-hard:

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    The following is a very short documentary that was shot by a concerned forum member and edited by the production crew at both-teams-played-hard:
    I am still laughing about your video. I have 100's of game used items and only 1 that came with a Lampson LOA which I disposed of.

I also appreciated Eric's candid comments.

The end result is- his mistakes cost people their hard earned money and he doesn't even bother to make himself accessible for questions about his findings.
    One day maybe we will see justice.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500