Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tired of it

Re: Tired of it

If the buyer represents himself as a collector who wants to keep the item, then I'd resent him selling it on ebay within a few days. Leaving cases like that aside, I have come to assume that a large percentage of those who are buying bats are doing so with an eye to flipping them. In fact, it seems that 75% of the bats that I lose out on in auctions turn up on some other auction site or online store within the year.

I agree with Yanks position here actually and don't think he's out of line in feeling dissapointed or anything... It's one thing to offer a lower price on an item you really want or that might be priced a bit higher than average- it's another to offer a bottom dollar price and flip it 2 weeks later. It's certainly not outside of the buyer's rights, he does own the item now- it's just sort of uncool. It is straight-up, collector vs. dealer at that point...

That said, I need to give the seller props that he got the bat certified in that time period (and certainly got a better description from Taube than the original listing on GUU).

Banned

THE ANSWER IS?????????

Its a double edged sword!!

Both Yanks and Mauer are correct.

Just reiterating what everyone already said. I agree with both sides.

Yes Yanks agreed to a number but he may have agreed to that number under false pretenses that the buyer really wanted the items for himself. So he went above and beyond of his normal asking price to benefit a member here for there own collection.

But once the items are in the buyers hands he is free to do with them as he pleases

Yanks I agree with you, you should be pissed, but be so just for a moment dont let it get you down and learn for next time you don't approve of that buyers practices and decide whether you want too sell to that buyer or not again in the future!!!

I'd be pissed. It's not worth bringing to his attention unless he brings it to yours. Answer is very simple: Do not do business with him again. You learned the hard way. If you had sold it at YOUR price, then I would not be upset at all. He angled to get you to sell at a low price to increase his profit...

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

I am confused.

Are people upset that someone bought their item and now they are they are trying to resell it for a profit? I figure if someone sells an item and they accept a price - They must be happy with the money they received and who cares what happens next?

Now, if someone badgers your price and lies to you to get the price down you have an issue, but once I sell an item I couldn't care less what they do with the item be it sell it elsewhere or cut it up and put it on trading cards.

Anyone attempting to sell an item for whatever reason is attempting to sell it here at no commission and they are invited to attempt to sell it on eBay themselves if they wish but it is fair market so you should be happy to receive your money and the item is no longer yours.

Seller's remorse is always around but life has to go on. Even if you are only a collector - If you are looking to sell an item outright on here you are in a marketplace so anything can happen as long as you are paid and you were not lied to to get the price down, move on.

Joel,
    Your right life will go on and it's also not sellers remorse. What other people said is right, that i lowered the price because i thought they wanted the item and it turned out they did not want it.

emann,
    No, i just forgot to put that in the listing. And i disagreed with the amount of use it said because it showed two seam marks and acouple cleat marks.

In this scenario, it wouldn't bother me. But say if it was someone in this forum that contacted me and wanted the item to keep in their collection, then I find they turn around and list it on ebay within a couple of weeks, then yes, I may feel somewhat taken.

We all do each other favors when we know someone. I'm willing to let it go cheaper to help a fellow collector out that I know. But then again, think about it. How many people are going to contact someone and say, "I want to get it cheap from you so I can turn around a list it on ebay to make a profit."

Regards, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield11 View Post
    Would this happen to be about a posada bat?
    Sounds like you're familiar with the scenario...

Want to get opinions here. Somewhat similar vein anyway.

Got a buddy lives 5 1/2 hours away. I'm on comp with an injury, he's on unemployment. We have been buddies since late 80's. Long time...

He could not afford a ML jersey I had when offered in January. I buy it 3 months later. He has the pants for it. He wants it badly. Wife and I would both like him to have it. He says if we can make a deal he'd come over here and hang a couple of days. Realize I do NOT have to sell this jersey. I was offered a $500 walk away profit from another collector because of a problem we've had... So I agree to same price I paid, and I take 3 items he has to lessen the blow that I want. No profit at all, I walked on $500 remember...

After we talk about it, he says his wife does not want him coming over as she isn't a big fan of mine (I've got him involved in 2 many deals - like I have a gun to his head)(she actually goes thru and opens his emails). Recall I could care less if I do this. What would be your stance on the situation. I thought this to be more a deal struck out of friendship than a business deal thru the mail. I'm not very happy...

LMK what your thoughts are...30 year collector here. Doormat I'm not. Just trying to help out a friend, but perhaps I'm not worthy.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com