Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Tired of it

Sorry about this rant about a member but it should be said. Acouple weeks ago i sold some items to a fellow member. He made a offer alittle more than half of what i was looking for, so i told him i would pass. He asked what the lowest i would take, so i emailed him back with the price and he said he would buy them. Well it did not take long after he recieved them that he listed them on ebay. The thing that got me mad the most was that he asked for a lower price so he could get a higher profit. If i knew he was going to do this i would have never sold him the items. I understand that this member is a great asset to this forum and hobby but stuff like this really bothers me and i believe it does to other members because i noticed he has done it before to other members. Would you people be upset about this?
  • Mauer7
    Banned
    • Oct 2008

Re: Tired of it

In my opinion, you agreed to a price that you were happy with, so you sold them. You must have been OK with the price or you wouldnt have sold them. Once they become his, he is free to do as he pleases with them.

Comment

• ndevlin
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Mauer7
      In my opinion, you agreed to a price that you were happy with, so you sold them. You must have been OK with the price or you wouldnt have sold them. Once they become his, he is free to do as he pleases with them.

Very true and I know thats how things work, but I would be pissed too.

Comment

• yanks12025
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Mauer7

Your right Mauer with once they become his, he can do what ever he wants. I just hate when you offer lower money so you get more profit. Next time ill make sure their going to someone who will enjoy the items and not sell them with-in a week.

Comment

• mvandor
          Banned
          • Apr 2007

To some this is a hobby. To others, it's a business.

Comment

• TAFKADixie
            • Oct 2008

Would I be mad? Absolutely not. If I make money and am happy with the price I accept, I could care less what they do with it. If he makes money, then we're both happy. You can't be mad at him for doing something that you didn't and being successful at it.
            You can see my entire Clemson Tigers collection here with over 30 items.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a83...eys/?start=all

SamFinley@charter.net

Comment

• commando
              • Nov 2007

I do see Yanks' point. I get the feeling he let the item go for a little less than he wanted, because he felt the buyer REALLY wanted the item.... Turns out the buyer REALLY DID want the item, but he REALLY wanted to SELL it for a quick profit.

Let's say a guy on the street corner is holding a sign that says, "Hungry, Please Help." You give him five dollars. He immediately walks into the liquor store and picks up a bottle of T-Bird with the money you just gave him. Does it matter what he spent your five dollar donation on?
              sigpic
              Anthony Nunez
              Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
              www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• Sheffield11
                • Mar 2006

Would this happen to be about a posada bat?
                Anthony Bragg

Comment

• bucephalus
                  • Apr 2009

It would sting for a moment. But if I got what I wanted it's all good, and now it's their problem.

Comment

• bigtruck260
                    • Sep 2007

Agree with Commando on this one.

I would be interested to see the emails, and to understand the reasoning behind letting the item go a little cheaper than you wanted Yanks. If he made it seem like he was a collector that was cash-strapped and was decieving in any way...I could see how you'd be a little upset.

Yes, it's his as soon as he pays. Yes, he's free to list it on eBay...and Yes, to some this hobby of ours is a business to some people. No matter how you look at it, the transaction went the way many eBay transactions go. I have sold hundreds of items only to see them go for less than I originally paid - and end up back on eBay within a few weeks.

I've also flipped a few items here and there (and some were from very good friends of mine on this very forum)...but we all have the basic understanding that what I don't want, you can have for a price - and do whatever you want with it...even if it means taking a Pujols gamer to the cages for the afternoon.
                    Dave
                    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                    River City Redbird Authentics
                    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• corsairs22
                      • Apr 2008

If the buyer represents himself as a collector who wants to keep the item, then I'd resent him selling it on ebay within a few days. Leaving cases like that aside, I have come to assume that a large percentage of those who are buying bats are doing so with an eye to flipping them. In fact, it seems that 75% of the bats that I lose out on in auctions turn up on some other auction site or online store within the year.

Comment

• emann
                        • Nov 2008

I agree with Yanks position here actually and don't think he's out of line in feeling dissapointed or anything... It's one thing to offer a lower price on an item you really want or that might be priced a bit higher than average- it's another to offer a bottom dollar price and flip it 2 weeks later. It's certainly not outside of the buyer's rights, he does own the item now- it's just sort of uncool. It is straight-up, collector vs. dealer at that point...

That said, I need to give the seller props that he got the bat certified in that time period (and certainly got a better description from Taube than the original listing on GUU).

Comment

• suave1477
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2006

THE ANSWER IS?????????

Its a double edged sword!!

Both Yanks and Mauer are correct.

Just reiterating what everyone already said. I agree with both sides.

Yes Yanks agreed to a number but he may have agreed to that number under false pretenses that the buyer really wanted the items for himself. So he went above and beyond of his normal asking price to benefit a member here for there own collection.

But once the items are in the buyers hands he is free to do with them as he pleases

Yanks I agree with you, you should be pissed, but be so just for a moment dont let it get you down and learn for next time you don't approve of that buyers practices and decide whether you want too sell to that buyer or not again in the future!!!

Comment

• skyking26
                            • Dec 2005

I'd be pissed. It's not worth bringing to his attention unless he brings it to yours. Answer is very simple: Do not do business with him again. You learned the hard way. If you had sold it at YOUR price, then I would not be upset at all. He angled to get you to sell at a low price to increase his profit...

RK
                            ROBERT KOPPEL
                            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• trsent
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

I am confused.

Are people upset that someone bought their item and now they are they are trying to resell it for a profit? I figure if someone sells an item and they accept a price - They must be happy with the money they received and who cares what happens next?

Now, if someone badgers your price and lies to you to get the price down you have an issue, but once I sell an item I couldn't care less what they do with the item be it sell it elsewhere or cut it up and put it on trading cards.

Anyone attempting to sell an item for whatever reason is attempting to sell it here at no commission and they are invited to attempt to sell it on eBay themselves if they wish but it is fair market so you should be happy to receive your money and the item is no longer yours.

Seller's remorse is always around but life has to go on. Even if you are only a collector - If you are looking to sell an item outright on here you are in a marketplace so anything can happen as long as you are paid and you were not lied to to get the price down, move on.

Comment

Working...