Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Posada bat

Banned

2007 Posada bat

I am specifically only looking for a bat from his 2007 season Steiner loa.

Bat has to be specified coming from 2007 either on loa or that you purchased it in 2007.

Does anyone have one?

Re: 2007 Posada bat

Best of luck in your search, suave.

I have an 07 and 08 Posada bats and they are 2 of the most treasured pieces in my collection. I've always found it interesting that Posada seems to have such a big following among collectors, even though he has never been a star. I'd love to see him make the HOF someday.

Jim

Banned

Vintage I know for some reason 2007 bats are on of the hardest to obtain of Posada's.

He is not a superstar but I do think he is a star or some may consider a semi star.
    He has a good following because I think he has been one of the hardest working players on the team.
    He has been there from the begining since 95. He is not glamourous with tv commericials or endorsements and such. He is just Posada a Baseball player.
    I consider him the true captain of the team, because when something goes wrong Posada is the one to step up and say something. (this is just my opinion)
    Also I think he has an old school metality to the game and I think he is one of the last players in the majors to have that mentaility.
    I mean who else pees on there hands lol lol

I think at this point the only original team left from 95 is Pettitte, Jeter, Rivera, & Posada.

And now Girardi but he is a manager

Plus for game used collectors he has some of the best bats. Heavy Use, cleat marks, ball marks, his tape job, and of course his heavy pine tar.

Moises Alou also pees on his hands and like Jorge does not use batting gloves!
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Vintage I know for some reason 2007 bats are on of the hardest to obtain of Posada's.

He is not a superstar but I do think he is a star or some may consider a semi star.
    He has a good following because I think he has been one of the hardest working players on the team.
    He has been there from the begining since 95. He is not glamourous with tv commericials or endorsements and such. He is just Posada a Baseball player.
    I consider him the true captain of the team, because when something goes wrong Posada is the one to step up and say something. (this is just my opinion)
    Also I think he has an old school metality to the game and I think he is one of the last players in the majors to have that mentaility.
    I mean who else pees on there hands lol lol

I think at this point the only original team left from 95 is Pettitte, Jeter, Rivera, & Posada.

And now Girardi but he is a manager

Plus for game used collectors he has some of the best bats. Heavy Use, cleat marks, ball marks, his tape job, and of course his heavy pine tar.
    I wonder why 2007 bats are hard to find?. I know what you mean about the use characteristics, the tar, tape, cleat marks, etc - Its all there. I love my 2007 bat, even though my 2008 bat shows more use. I have my 2007 bat photomatched to his 800th career rbi, an rbi single against the Blue Jays, driving in Jeter. He is truly a ballplayer, someone who does his job, keeps his mouth shut, and plays the game hard. One of my all time favorites, without a doubt.

Jim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    I wonder why 2007 bats are hard to find?
    I believe the reason is not many were released by Steiner and to add to that it was his best season ever.

He led the Yankees for the whole season in average.
    His average from opening day to the all star break was like .383
    After the all star break he dropped to I think .326

I find it funny though how people say AROD that season carried the Yankees when it reality it was Posada who carried them that season.

After the 2007 season they had a bunch of them they were blowing out. I bought 3 for either 125 or 150 each. I have sold all 3, wish I kept one though.

I havent seen any for sale in a while, I guess people are just hanging onto them.

Banned

Bulbus I remember when Steiner had that blow out, but most of those were not from 2007.

I'm pretty sure they were '07s, but I'll try and check later.

Banned

If we are speaking about the same blow out sale they had, I remember they had a couple of 2007's and a few BP bats but not a lot.